Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default should you wear earplugs when u go out?

i was just wonderin how many people (if any) wear earplugs when they go out to a club.

I suppose the last thing an aspiring techno producer would want would b to b half deaf. Is this a stupid question. Will i look like a dork?

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

i dont no, but you do see alot of people wearing them nowaday's, i dont think it's anything to be ashamed of, it's just another silly macho thing about being hard cos you can listen to music really loudly without ear plug's.
    if i started getting concerned about my hearing, then i would go and buy some
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Junior Freak

Im thinking about getting myself a pair of custom made earplugs. They cost about £150 but I think there worth it. You get them custom made for your ears and you can choose how many Db's they cut.

This tottally isnt a stupid question mate, your hearing is one of the most important things, & once its ****ed your never gonna get it back. Ive noticed my hearing get worse recently, I often have to ask people to repeat things they say.

Id recomend getting your own custom made, alot of my friends have them & they work alot better than the bog standard cheap ones. hope that helps ;)

Junior Freak

yeah, bring them along at least. if things get really loud, i put them in, and then pull them out enough to limit the sound to a good level. waking up with ears still ringing is a bad thing. plus, you never know where you'll be sleeping after certain parties, and it's always handy to have ear plugs to shut out the noise.

Junior Freak

They should make earplugs look cool or somethin. Maybe gold carat plugs? The chicks would dig em i reckon! Especially if someone cool like the fonz endorsed em. He could b cruisin around on his bike with his plugs half hangin out goin "eeeeeeeeh!"

Ultimate Freak

yeah its well worth thinkin about m8.. my hearing is shite in my left ear.. quiet and muffly, as u can imagine its really annoying in the studio. so take care dem ears!
    jimmah!

Junior Freak

They should make earplugs look cool or somethin. Maybe gold carat plugs? The chicks would dig em i reckon! Especially if someone cool like the fonz endorsed em. He could b cruisin around on his bike with his plugs half hangin out goin "eeeeeeeeh!"
    LOL man :lol:

"funny" that you should post this now, my ear went deaf today, after mixing for to long in headphones..you know...volume jsut goes up..up..UP...and then suddenly it happened :cry:

i hope itll be gone by tomorrow...

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by mrbenn
    Im thinking about getting myself a pair of custom made earplugs. They cost about £150 but I think there worth it. You get them custom made for your ears and you can choose how many Db's they cut.
    What will they think of next?

Junior Freak

now i definately put the plugs in when i go out to the big clubs cause sometimes the soundsystem is just cranked up to a rediculously stupid level, and plus once you get used to wearin plugs, you don't have to worry no more, and you can relax.

BOA Newbie

Hi, noob here

yeah I've two pairs of plugs: one for sleeping and one for outside. I usually put them on when the sound level starts getting there. Tinnitus (tintinitis) is a serious problem for people in the music industry, SO TAKE CARE OF YOUR EARS. As far as I know there is no 100% cure for it either. (Doctors are still doing research on it) . And as far as how it looks, well what's more important? your looks or your hearing?

;)

Supreme Freak

its been one year i have custom earplugs. paid them 120€. they consist of some special filter that has a flat attenation ie same for all the frequencies (-15 dB). that means u hear the sound exactly the same as without wearing them.

this is really comfortable not to be hurted on heavy soundsystem, or to chat near the speakers like i did on friday =)

Junior Freak

I just feel bad for the people who get all doped out on E, and then stick their head in the speaker, or sit right NEXT to the speaker... That is the worse thing you can do, tis a shame.

Personally, I think you should wear them until you want to hear that certain someone play their set...Take them out, and feel the music that way, then just pop them back in, juuuuust an idea :wicked:
    P E A C E A C I D M A Y H E M

Supreme Freak

The human ear did not evolve to listen to amplified sound. If you go to places with amplified sound and you don't use earplugs, you're either ignorant or stupid. Simple as that. EVERYONE who goes clubbing should invest in them, or risk losing one of the things dearest to you - music.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBastard
    Personally, I think you should wear them until you want to hear that certain someone play their set...Take them out, and feel the music that way, then just pop them back in, juuuuust an idea :wicked:
    That's a surefire way to deafness. Don't do it.

Supreme Freak

I purchased custom moulded ER15's a few years back, and when you get used to them, you'd never put yourself in a naked situation again.

In fact, I find it easier to DJ with them on than off. I forgot them one night and nearly thought about not playing due to the loudness in the booth. They can really flatten loud sound and make beat matching a breeze cause the kick becomes quite distinct and clear.

BOA Lifetime Member

It's a good point. Everyone's had a night out where their ears were still ringing all the next day (if not longer!) but hardly anyone does anything about it. I guess earplugs just aren't common enough at the moment, and people would feel embarrassed wearing them in the club. This is something that needs to be changed though.

Junior Freak

every time i play out i leave the place promising to get a pair of ear plugs and asking everyone to repeat everything two or three times. by the next time i play i have forgotten how bad my ears hurt and ring after a few hours abuse in front of deafening speakers once again.

really need to get some ear plugs!
    I don\'t do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ass - dennis leary

Supreme Freak

i have been wearing earplugs (er-15's) for about 3 years now and after an incident where i lost them last year and had to do a gig without them i can safely say i wouldn't play without them now , i really can't understand how anyone who plays or goes to a club a lot can do without them now.

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah, I`ve been thinkin about investing in custom plugs
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by herman
    i have been wearing earplugs (er-15's) for about 3 years now and after an incident where i lost them last year and had to do a gig without them i can safely say i wouldn't play without them now , i really can't understand how anyone who plays or goes to a club a lot can do without them now.
    hmm mine are not same brand, but i definitely cant mix with them...

thats a problem for my ears thgough at all the places ive played i could manage to lower the booth volume and that it wasnt in huge rooms

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast