Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Newbie

Default is it just me or are new releases getting quite good again ?

I know Im not a regular poster on this list,
    and I have been out of the new releases loop for a minute now,

BUT

I am being compelled to buy records again cause there is a grip of good tracks coming out...

Adam Beyer - So Bizarre - Mad Eye
    Tim Track - Panic Voice - Abyss

these two records have completely charged me up on new techno ...

would any one have any recs for absolute musts for newish harder techno ??

Supreme Freak

well to be fair the beyer is the first one i like on madeye .. though sounds A LOT software produced with less warm sound than his other stuff....

recently producers have reduced quantity and issue les smusic, so it appears they do a selection in all that they produce... for sure it sounds more "quality".

second reason is that small labels sell too few now to survive, so the waves of new labels emerging from nowhere with crap music and cheap production are not anymore (that was easy to guess they wouldnt survie, but they still hurt techno for 3 years ...)

BOA Lifetime Member

I would definitely say that sound quality and production quality is beign risen as we all chat. Everyone is now stepping up the game. Which is good.

BOA Newbie

it seems interesting how some of the bigger producers are moving from new label to new label issuing about 5 or so records and then starting another label....

I appreciate that I hadnt even heard of abyss or mad eye until the aformentioned releases and I recently became acquainted with internal error and enemy and some others... it remains to be seen if they will have a long production run or not eh ?

Supreme Freak

I seem to be loving the electronica new releases more than anything else, theres so much bullshit out there.
    R.I.P JOHN PEEL ...........

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm not sure that there's been a huge improvement in releases, but there hasn't been as much crap to wade through, I think it's more a case of some people being consistent and constant with their releases... Oliver Ho is one that springs to mind.

BOA Lifetime Member

theres a lot of good shit about at the moment....

a lot of the stuff at the moment sounds really well produced,more thought out and clean sounding.

if you filter through all the shite at the moment the quality stuff really shines through. still diggin a lot of the mulero,itoh stuff me.....sounds fresh as a daisy.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    I'm not sure that there's been a huge improvement in releases, but there hasn't been as much crap to wade through, I think it's more a case of some people being consistent and constant with their releases... Oliver Ho is one that springs to mind.
    I tend to agree.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit
    still diggin a lot of the mulero,itoh stuff me.....sounds fresh as a daisy.
    Hmm, I'm not sure about that. Mulero has been using the same distinct samples/sounds in his tunes for a very long time now from what I can hear, he just jigs them around a slightly different way each time. "The Damage Done 2" for instance, with Christian Wunsch, was embarassingly bad in this respect. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of Mulero's previous work, but he definitely needs to take a time out from releasing, or at least think a bit about what he's putting out, i.e. a record that sounds almost identical to the last. For all that people say about Marco Bailey milking the same formula, Mulero is no different in the slightest.

BOA Lifetime Member

he may be milking the same formula but each and every LAZY producer has there own set sound and mulero is no different to any other.

compared to bailey hes a million miles ahead and the majority of stuff he puts out actually sounds like the way good techno should sound......imo of course ;)
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit

he may be milking the same formula but each and every LAZY producer has there own set sound and mulero is no different to any other.

compared to bailey hes a million miles ahead and the majority of stuff he puts out actually sounds like the way good techno should sound......imo of course ;)
    Well, if I had to choose there'd be no doubt, I prefer Mulero's sound... I'd really like to hear some progression to the current formula though. His track on the last Nheoma 12" with Exium is actually an improvement, he still needs to make some new samples though :)

BOA Lifetime Member

there have been some cracking eps out over the past few months, definately... i think things are a little better musically at the moment than say towards the end of last year, for me personally that is before anyone points out how much shit there is still around... there will always be shit, and u dont have to wade thru any shit if u just avoid the shit altogether ;)

as for mulero/itoh stuff... yeah it works still, but yeah its a tired old sound for me at the moment, well maybe not sound no as i love that dark sound, but for me personally the big boys in that area like wunsch, mulero are very stale at the moment.... ive never liked itoh's stuff really, the key playa's in that sound for me at the moment are Exium, Valero, Event 7 and the odd bits from Gunny and Supagrupa too... not heard much from the likes of Reeko lately, or Grovskoppa.... ive been digging Luka's stuff too lately

tis all good tho ;)
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Junior Freak

aye, got that nheoma 12 last week. still got those same vocal samples as u said, exactly the same sounds used on his world game rmx for go hiyama. bit daft really, cudnt really be that hard to dig out some fresh samples. really does make his ,otherwise well put together, tracks sound weak and dated when he does this. prefer the exium track anyway, lethal so it is

Junior Freak

have to say i really like the new mad-eye..but also really like the previous ones, when i played them lots of people came to check what it was, so i would say that thats a pretty good sign its good stuff, anyway...MAD EYE is one of my favourite labels at the moment... :clap:
    www.audioassault.com : home of Audio Assault & Arms / check out www.syndikaat.com !!!

Supreme Freak

i think there is so much crap out there at the moment, producers just seem to be churning out the same sound over and over again. Which just dosen't do it for me. However if you look there is some really good original tune's knocking around. I'm increasingly finding that my shopping is not limited by my wallet but more by the selection available

Junior Freak

This week had quite a diverse selection to choose from...check juno.
    Mafia 009 -- Dean Rodell Collaborations Coming Soon

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bas mooy
    have to say i really like the new mad-eye..but also really like the previous ones, when i played them lots of people came to check what it was, so i would say that thats a pretty good sign its good stuff, anyway...MAD EYE is one of my favourite labels at the moment... :clap:
    I think your latest one is rather shit hot too my friend.

Louk
    Everybody is in the place....! letz go...

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by killarava2day
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    I tend to agree.
    Agree.
    \"Good Things Come To Those Who Wait\"

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bas mooy
    Yo mate, just herd the ARMS 005 trax on yer site....

tasty !!

me esp likes that Bad Sunday track .... arrrrrrrr

^_^