Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Supreme Freak

Default Extensive Mail list of techno events / programmers globally

Yeah that's right.
    I'm trying to make an extensive list of emails of programmers / bookers of events.

I know there are at least 1100 of those emails.
    But booking offices won't give it to me. Ofcourse, these companies depend on such valuable lists.
    So I have to do it myself.
    Are there more people over here who need to do these things themselves? Then here's a change to make a nice list, so we can share it make our own promotion / schedule spam out.

Only i'm trying to find out about if it is responsible enough to spread such mails over here on a forum. Because everyone, also non artists, can see the list and abuse it.

How to solve this?
    OUT NOW:
    - Orlando Voorn & Juan Atkins "Game One (Ritzi Lee remix)" on Nightvision.
    - Cybernetics EP on Labrynth (Beatport release)

OUT SOON:
    - Black Noiz on Labrynth (vinyl release)

BOA Lifetime Member

You are onto a good idea here.
    A list of promoters and stuff would be helpful to everyone.
    This website does have a certain amount of exclusivity due to the joining up process.
    I`ll speak to mark about it, and maybe we can get a sticky put up, here or in the promotions section.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Ultimate Freak

yeah, good idea, but you do have to have quite a stringent filter on who has this information made available to them.

theres a big difference to the succes of a tour etc, if you have certain charecters who might be ,.....................

'dude with lots of enthusiasm and a box of 100 records'

and
    'dude who may remain quiet but observes and books specific artists for specific events'

this doesnt include me so far, as i am not quiet, and have a total of 105 records :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kidding!!!

but i'm sure you know EXACTLY what i mean.

i have seen some people ABUSE email lists, which ruined the rep of the night that put people in cc rather than bcc. it can really go THAT bad!!
    I dont know. You give people freedom and what do the do with it?
    WHATEVER THEY BLOODY WELL LIKE!

BOA Lifetime Member

Don't put the e-mails up in the forum. Rather, just start a moderated listserv. A number of sites offer the "mailman" list management program. You can add the e-mail addresses to it, keep them invisible, and leave the e-mail list open to messages from anyone who would send them, subscribed or not. If you ran it in moderated mode, you'd have final approval before something got out which could keep away unwanted spam. That would be a way of doing it if people are concerned about privacy and spam.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

nice idea, i could use that as well