Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: techno sound

Supreme Freak

yeah man i got that sample cd. still tricky tho finding that sort of snare. best i hav a mess around with some

Supreme Freak

that sutter effect would it be aplyed to a sound on a midi channel. or on a midi part but not playing any sound as such. but aplying a stutter to the main volume. the whole of the track?

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by nova
    that sutter effect would it be aplyed to a sound on a midi channel. or on a midi part but not playing any sound as such. but aplying a stutter to the main volume. the whole of the track?
    Yes it's the main volume control on a MIDI channel - this is different from the velocity. You can only set the velocity when you key-on a note but the volume is a continuous controller. For best effects I suggest you use it on some kind of choir or string/pad type sound/chords. If you do the edit on a different editor track but the same MIDI channel you can just make a small rhythmic effect over say a bar then copy that section and repeat it whilst playing different notes, etc. from the other track.
    202, 606, Alpha Juno, SIDstation, Freebass hed.

Supreme Freak

and on a 16th. do you mean buy that hav main volume down for every 16th step in a bar. or 1 16th step in the a bar?

Junior Freak

mind? course i don't - cheers for listening

we just got that posted today - hope you like it - it's our latest live set

gotta go, getting a lift, but can waffle about snares later if you like fella

:lol: :love:
    suck my tiny brain

Supreme Freak

yeah man, sounds wicked!. any production tips on snares and that would cool. when you got time dude ;)

Supreme Freak

i wonna put up a link to a tune ive been messing around with couple weeks back. for production tips. can anyone explain how to get it up. i might not be able to tho coz pc's playing up. but anyway. how do i doit?

BOA Lifetime Member

you gotta upload it somewhere and supply us with a link. yousendit.com could do the job...

if you send me your email addy i will send you some fat snarez etc.

ps: esp. when dealing with the subjects (sub)bass and ((ghost-))snares i urge you to have a look at forums focusing on d'n'b.

I :love: the producer section on the "Dogs on Acid" forums, called "The Grid"

http://www.dogsonacid.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4

so much luverly info on bazz and snarez and stuff, you will most certainly find helpful info. Lots of technical info there and samples galore.

Def. give it a shot :!:

Supreme Freak

pm for ya loopdon ;). i got quite a nice techstep drum&bass kit on ni synth drums. thats got a fat tech drum&bass snare onit.hav you heard that?. good for d&b for sure. gonna check that link out now. cheers ;)

Supreme Freak

had a look at getting a link up. but the site asks for recipients email edress. what do i put for that?.

Supreme Freak

here itis http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...C3M7E1UTDKPR9R

should work. dunno. needs eq'n. and some more bits going on to keep interesting. like filtering some perc here and there.and vocal sample is needed. quiet a basic tune. got some other bits ive started so any production tips would be a great help :lol:

Supreme Freak

oh yeah and its not complete. not sure if i like it but never mind :lol:

anyone had a listen. isit working?

BOA Lifetime Member

you uploaded a cda-file

plz re-upload an mp3 or wav ;)

Supreme Freak

haha! . i'll change to wav with that audacity

Supreme Freak

http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...00GBRC0ZSCO4BU

not sure if thats gonna work.

how do i change it to mp3 or wav. i tried opening it in audacity but it said it needed to be ripped or somthing. if that dunt work whats an easy way to change to wav or mp3?

Supreme Freak

hi, i got recycle today . anyone got any tips and tricks for it. i havnt realy used it before. but i do kind of kno some of the things onit. a friend says you can split the sounds up so each sound shows as a different color. so you can just pull that individal sounds out the loop. i kno it more for loop work. does it let you strip down movie samples. like getting all the fx out the back ground. if it lets you pull noises out. then i would of thout it would?. anything on this would be appreiciated. new program to me!

Supreme Freak

free mp3 encoder. wot i need to get that track up. done a google search for 1. but wont working right. the mp3 encoder. anyone got a free 1 thats easy to use? ;)

Supreme Freak

once the loop has been edited with recycle. can you open the edited loop in an audio editor to save it as a wav?. extracted sounds can they be open in an editor and saved as wavs?. and it sends midi paterns yeah to the sequencer?

BOA Lifetime Member

man, so many questions...

i have a hell of a lot to ask, but not a that tempo :clap: ;)

recycle will split up sounds as slices, those can then also be extracted as *.rex files for further use in other vsti and stuff.

that's prob. no news to you, well it can't really cut out background noises, that's a somewhat tricky subject anyhow, i would mainly go by filters and eqs to reduce it to the sound that makes the sample special, without too much background noise. try some mid/stereo decoders (i posted some in the free vst thread by voxengo), maybe the background is (in lack of better words) differently 'panned', so reducing it to the mid parts could do it, perhaps, i think the plugin 'contrast' to be found in the grm tools pak if i remember correctly could be worth trying.

that's if you can't work it out by cutting the sound up and reducing it to the sections you want and or eq/filter....

Supreme Freak

haha tempo ;) . yes man spilting up sounds is the 1 dude. heard some samples before that must of been rip out of a tune. like the hoovers out of 9bar. they must of split it up with recycle or fruity slicer to get just the hoover out. how do ya doit?

recycles smart love the way it changes tempo saves as rex then lets ya open it in logics audio and further adjust the tempo and it stays in time. thats wicked. no more lose loops for me :lol:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast