Our Van for Sam
Ruud van Nistelrooy is being offered to Barcelona in exchange for Samuel Eto’o. SunSport revealed yesterday the Dutch hitman has told Alex Ferguson he wants to leave Old Trafford.
Eric Beauchamp, The Sun

Fergie eyes on Ballack
Sir Alex Ferguson wants Bayern Munich captain Michael Ballack to be his new midfield general. The German ace is seen as the player to fill Roy Keane's boots at Old Trafford. The 28-year-old, who is under contract for one more year at Bayern, caught the eye of Ferguson when his former club Bayer Leverkusen beat United in the Champions League semi-final three years ago. The United boss would love to bring the German star to England - although the uncertainty over Malcolm Glazer's long-running power struggle for the club could scupper a move.
Bill Thornton, Daily Star

Glazer: Go get me Beckham
Malcolm Glazer is prepared to bankroll a dramatic bid to bring David Beckham back to Old Trafford. The American tycoon will give Sir Alex Ferguson the final say, but The People understands the Glazer camp is keen for the England skipper to join the new Old Trafford regime. And the idea might be tempting for Becks, who is trying to raise his own personal profile in the United States. Glazer, of course, will be desperate to promote United in his own Amercian market. And he knows Beckham is the ONLY footballer to warrant a mention in the US media. Fergie would not entertain the idea of re-signing Becks if he thought it was just a marketing gimmick. But privately, Fergie has told friends that there are no hard feelings between him and Beckham - despite the saga of the flying boot and the player's departure for Spain. Indeed, Beckham has recently paid tribute to Fergie's role in his career.
Andy Dunn, The People

Fortune & £6m to get Given
Newcastle’s Shay Given is the keeper Manchester United want to replace Roy Carroll. A £6million package deal, which could include Old Trafford midfielder Quinton Fortune going to Tyneside, is being discussed. And Given is said to have sold his home in the North East and bought a property in Cheshire.
Paul Hetherington, Daily Star Sunday

Alex eyes Sagnol bid
Alex Ferguson has stolen a march on Arsene Wenger in the race for £4million France star Willy Sagnol. Both Manchester United and Arsenal fancy the Bayern Munich full-back. But United boss Fergie is close to beating off competition from Wenger after talks with Sagnol’s advisors. Sagnol said: "Manchester United and also Arsenal are keen. If I quit Bayern it will be for a big European club. I want to discover another championship - a new deal is now what I expect from Bayern."
Staff reporter, News of the World