Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default warm analog sounds - software

i wonder if anyone can recomend some drumachines, effects which make sounds warm and analog like, programs or vst plugins whatever makes it, would appreciate if you name some of them..

BOA Lifetime Member

try the PSP Vintage Warmer, thats a personal favourite of many people i think, definately is mine!
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Supreme Freak

yeah i like vintage to. waves c1 comp can give it quite a bang. i put them both on the master

BOA Lifetime Member

this is supposed to be very good as well:

Voxengo Analogflux Suite

http://www.voxengo.com/product/analogflux/

Analogflux is a suite of audio processing plug-ins designed to deliver the sounds of the analog days. In the core of these processors we have extensively used convolution processing to match the response of the original analog gear. This suite consists of TapeBus, Delay, Impulse, Insert and Chorus plug-ins.

The TapeBus plug-in recreates characteristic elements of the reel-to-reel tape sound. This includes saturation, modulation noise and smearing effects which are known for the 'analog' feel they bring to any audio recording. This plug-in also applies a selected impulse response taken by us from the existing tape machine.

The Delay plug-in models the sound of an old analog delay module. Beside this, it offers the user modern two-tap delay controls, including separate pre-delay and feedback delay controls which together allow you to build ping-pong kinds of echo soundscapes. The plug-in also contains a cross-feedback path between the channels, which enables you to create some even more complex echo structures. Our delay module also offers you a BPM control with the ability to sync it to the host's tempo changes. And most importantly, you can choose the response of the delay module: from moderately bright to endlessly dark, taken from the real analog delay module.

The Insert plug-in is our attempt to create a simple processor which could be inserted on any track to make it sound less digitally-focused and thus make it sound warmer. Beside the severe phase smearing this plug-in introduces it also allows you to apply modulation noise of selectable strength. This processor while sounding subtle at the first glance can do miracles at taming overly sharp transients.

The Impulse plug-in is a greatly simplified version of our Pristine Space 8-channel convolution processor. The Impulse plug-in is a two-channel convolution processor designed to be used on channel inserts and reverb sends. It allows you to load impulses stored in WAV and AIFF audio files, and also offers you a selection of built-in impulses including vintage spring reverb.

The Chorus plug-in offers you a stereo chorus plug-in which features 8 operators (4 for each output channel), creating together a really huge and convincing chorus applicable to vocals, guitars and synth instruments.

Junior Freak

For VST's, check out the Arturia stuff & the Minimonsta, to heat you up. ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

korg legacy collection!!!

serious sound out of all 3 synths....

although its more suited to an eletro-y sound, theres a huge thump out the bassline patches.

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah Korg Legacy Collection is my top VST and my main tools as it were, absolutely awesome... love it to bits :love:
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Junior Freak

Ahh, how could i forget the KLC? :lol:

Nah, KLC was cool but in the updates, the envelope on the MS20 got ****ed, so i haven't used it alot. :cry: and the Polysix is pretty limited imo, but still very phat. :D

But the Arturia stuff is just as good.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Agility
    But the Arturia stuff is just as good.
    maaan im so feverish about this arturia minimoog i love the sound of it THATS WHAT I WAS EXCATLY LOOKING FOR hahaha mann thx soo much :love: :clap:

ive also installed KLC and found it quite interesting the moog but then found wavestation and baaang shit its so hot all kinds of horns, bells and all them sound so clear and crunchy

if thers anything else equally good as this stuff i demend you all to say them names loud, hahaha :lol:

Supreme Freak

the uad1 vintage emulations are nice, esp the compressors and plate reverb.

BOA Lifetime Member

I`ve never got on with the Korg collection.
    there are far better analogue sounding vst`s out there.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

Universal Audio UAD-1 :love:

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    can you name some of them please :?:

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by borisXHL
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    can you name some of them please :?:

for me imposcar , oddity , arp2600 sound much better .
    christ

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jesus

for me imposcar , oddity , arp2600 sound much better .
    I really like imposcar alot...