Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australia

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Australia

Whats the techno scene out there like at the moment for anyone whose been recently or lives there?

Goin out there for a lurk next year and was wonderin whats goin down,places to go etc. Gonna be in Perth and Melbourne.

ta
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Junior Freak

Techno is quiet in Melbourne at the moment, it is that time of the year I guess and parties are starting to cue up but I myself being a techno freak dream about living overseas due to techno living among you guys weekly if not daily :lol: Let me know when your coming down and shall let you know what parties you look out for or places to go, ciao.

Supreme Freak

Perth is quiet, Melbourne is where you get most Techno and related music... What time of year are you planning to head out?

Ultimate Freak

was in perth for a while, didnt like it at all. no techno. boring nightlife, and most clubs shut down at midnight during the week. i got out of there really fast.

melbourne was great fun. check out www.melbournetechnomassive.com.au for good info....pretty slow for the most part for techno, but i still got most of my techno fix there than any other place in aus

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by anx
    was in perth for a while, didnt like it at all. no techno. boring nightlife, and most clubs shut down at midnight during the week. i got out of there really fast.

melbourne was great fun. check out www.melbournetechnomassive.com.au for good info....pretty slow for the most part for techno, but i still got most of my techno fix there than any other place in aus
    I don't tihnk MTM is around anymore, apparently...

Go to www.inthemix.com.au/forums

Jump in the Melbourne forums and ask a few questions. You'll get a few informative replies and a few a$sholes, as in any forum :)

Many events are posted there but not all are strictly techno and many of the smaller techno shindigs you just have to ask about. Coming up this year we have people like Jesper Dhalbak, Thomas Krome, Ignition Technicion, Echoplex etc... and the locals are obviously very talented too, some of them giving heaps of the big names a run for their money.

Who knows what will happen next year... I reckon it will be better than the last few years have been...

And come in summer. The weather will be nice n toasty.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tekboi
    Techno is quiet in Melbourne at the moment, it is that time of the year I guess and parties are starting to cue up but I myself being a techno freak dream about living overseas due to techno living among you guys weekly if not daily :lol: Let me know when your coming down and shall let you know what parties you look out for or places to go, ciao.
    Monthly regulars MTC do a great show. Never see you there ace ;)

Mike Humphries comin up. Justin Berkovi just been.

Other crews are doing Thomas Krome and a few other in the next month or so.

Anx. How are ya mate?

The Demon Beast

I thought Wetmusik was based out of aus?
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

Nope, Wetmusik are definately based here in Melbourne, and have made a damn good name for themselves. Great techno coming up on this label.

Melbourne is definately the city for techno in Australia, no doubt.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tekboi
    Nope, Wetmusik are definately based here in Melbourne, and have made a damn good name for themselves. Great techno coming up on this label.

You really think that? That makes me feel a bit sad. The music they release is average at best..... anyway, that's a conversation for another time.

The Demon Beast

they softened up the sound big time
    I remember the harder stuff intially coming from them was brutalic to say the least
    wish they went down that road again
    Wetworks

Junior Freak

yeah Melbourne is definitely where it's at. There's always something on. Summer in Melb is the place 2 b :)

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    they softened up the sound big time
    I remember the harder stuff intially coming from them was brutalic to say the least
    wish they went down that road again
    Initially the sounds on the WET label were by the main man Will E Tell (aka W.E.T). He made some great hard techno and ran fantastic parties here in Melbs and was the most prolific techno DJ in Australia.

But after Will retired leaving the label to others, it changed. Everything changed.

That's the short story anyway.

Junior Freak

His partner was Simon Digby, who now still runs the label. And Simon Coyle bought WIll's share.

I think Simon was involved in some good early releases but he "changed" as well.

Supreme Freak

Digby and Coyle are into their bongo loops thing.

thats really all there is to say

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Komplex
    Digby and Coyle are into their bongo loops thing.

thats really all there is to say
    Quite a boring sound don't you reckon. I've only ever heard a couple of Coyle tracks, and to be honest, can't say I made a mental note remembering myself to listen to any other tracks of his I should see next.

The Demon Beast

needs a will e tell injection i say
    Wetworks

Junior Freak

I have a great Simon Coyle cd: live at wet musik. Its huuge
    put some clothes on dat ass and you respect yourself

Junior Freak

In all fairness, Simon Coyle is a great DJ and if you're into the Bongo thing then he's worth seeing.

But if you aren't, you won't like it at all.

Junior Freak

I have always liked Simon Coyle as a DJ, has stuck to the funky material he enjoys most and he does it really well. Ben Cromack is a name to look out for in the future, very talented DJ from Melbourne.

Ultimate Freak

i really liked dave pham when i was there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast