Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Default Is Ableton The Most Important Thing To Happen In Techno ?

imo, it has had more impact than anything else i can recall.

it has moved the goal posts & started to evolve the very nature of techno.

i think it is the start of a new wave. are record sales fallin cos ppl dont need records ? how many make their own loops for LIVE with Reason or sample trax they already have in a new context ?

it is called 'LIVE' after all ;)
    featured on VOICES Vol 1 - TEMPL8R.1 - V/A - AVAILABLE SEPT

BOA Lifetime Member

no i dont think it has... although it has made a huge impact on the way music, namely electronic, can be presented in the live environment
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Supreme Freak

I thought techno was the most important thing to happen in techno.

Ableton is certainly important as it puts in the hands of people like us a powerful tool we can use to do stuff with but I'm not sure just how much of Ableton lets you do is stuff only it can perform and how much is stuff you can perform if you splash out more money on a hardware setup.

I mean using Reason and Ableton I can churn out whatever I want and mess about with it, but you know other folk have been doing it for years before me with arcane bits of equipment and I think thats a bit more important when it comes down to it.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsha
    I thought techno was the most important thing to happen in techno.

that doesnt make sense

Ableton is certainly important as it puts in the hands of people like us a powerful tool we can use to do stuff with but I'm not sure just how much of Ableton lets you do is stuff only it can perform and how much is stuff you can perform if you splash out more money on a hardware setup.

I mean using Reason and Ableton I can churn out whatever I want and mess about with it, but you know other folk have been doing it for years before me with arcane bits of equipment and I think thats a bit more important when it comes down to it

right. but surely the fact that can people can make their own loops that no-one else has ever created is gonna open ppls sound.

yes you can do it with hadware, but the amount needed to emulate LIVE would be very expensive & a supremem pain in the ass to lug about. believe me, i know.. ive done the live thing for a long time. and i was in bands from about 12 too...

i jus think its the new 1210. outside of fx, its up to the individual to stand out.

you can give ten djs the same crate of wax, but how many brilliant sets will you get ?

its up to the player, not the kitlist. and LIVE can be had by anyone with a pc. a huge wallet is no longer the only pass to these tools.

and i think thats the a wonderful thought.

Supreme Freak

Some people would argue that the opening up aspect of tools like Live/Reason which are more accesable are a good reason for the decline in techno which everyone keeps going on about but I never see. A similair thing has been said about DJ's now as well, everyone wants to be a DJ and everyone and their dog has a set of decks in some form they can play about which is just saturating the market with pish DJs. Reason has arguably led to an increase in rubbish records as people put anything out desperate to be the next big thing.

It's not something that's ever seriously worried me like it does other people, I mean yeah sure it'll lead to lots of pish being spat out like babies from the mothers womb as they write their demand for more suport moey from the dole, but I've never had a problem with picking through the pish to find the good stuff. After all it's the bad stuff that forms the contrast that lets you define what is good. But a lot of people seem to think more people will just be killing the scene by dilluting already sparse amount of money available in the music production stakes.

Ultimate Freak

i'm talkin in a totally artisitc manner though.

nowt to do with money. **** bad records.. its jus down to taste..

i'm talkin about re-learning how we put the music together. to take a different look at the manner in which live performance is cohesively structered.

not money or sales. in technology & possibilty terms, i think its the biggest step forward for a long time. maybe ever imo

when was the last time a piece of kit caused this much stir & caused so many ppl to abandon the techics ?

follow me ?

like my loops. i have no interest in wriritng 6 minute trax. but i like 1,2,4,8 & 16 beats loops... even some 3 & 6 in there for the shoulders ;)

and i dont need all that label, pressing, distribution, shite... i jus give it away here & ppl are thanking me for it.

THATS what its about. not the f**kin ££££££ thats whats ****in techno up

BOA Lifetime Member

maybe not the most important thing, but definitely a big change for techno, especially now with all the downloading, producers and stuff

BOA Lifetime Member

i think the mistake here is thinking it only applies to techno... im sure just as many house, dnb heads etc are experimenting with Ableton, lets not pigeon hole this software in the same way we do, unfortunately and admittably, with techno itself

its a big step forward for electronic music definately
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Supreme Freak

i got roped into playing a live gig this saturday, and have spent the last 4 weeks toiling day and night sampling my synths and drum machines so i can play a set using just my sampler, one keyboard, some fx and a dj mixer.

but i'm thinking i would have saved myself a lot of work and would probably sound better if i could just give up my luddite tendencies and get with a laptop and ableton. i guess there's always next year. ;)

Ultimate Freak

i agree eyes..

but i would believe its made a bigger impact on the loop posse, but thats down to its very nature..

first time i seen it come out i thought 'wow.. acid pro.. for live use' and now its just sooooo much more.

but, in the techno scene, i see it as the biggest step forward for a long time. sure ya take Reason or Cubase on a lappy, but the jammin aspect of LIVE blows them both away. though in saying that, dunno what i'd use to make loops if i stopped using Reason.. spesh 3

Supreme Freak

Never mind that, I wish they'd ****ing fix the paging memory leak in 4, bunch of cunts

Supreme Freak

Well the beta of Live 5 is out now for registered owners of 4.

Supreme Freak

I can crash that one as well, they should fix 4 before trying to sell us 5, cnuts.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dust
    I can crash that one as well, they should fix 4 before trying to sell us 5, cnuts.
    get you mr chaos :lol: :lol: :lol:

the BOA crew find another target for the knives

j/k dust :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

:lol:

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    :lol:
    :clap:
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Supreme Freak

Thing is I've had not a single problem with Live 4 so it might just be your setup causing some problem or something. Certainly the tons of ****ing people that use Live in a club for PA's haven't been affected enough by any problems to stop using it.

Ultimate Freak

ive yet to hear anyone i know using it have problems.

the stability was the big draw for many ppl i think.

BOA Lifetime Member

Is Ableton The Most Important Thing To Happen In Techno ?

Hahahaha

Personally I dont think it is anything like, well not for production

Yea you can mix and mangle loops with it. Quick easy and makes a sound that works all of which I find a bit dated and boring. Its just a better 'ACID Loops'

Junior Freak

Ableton is Fun.

I think having fun with your music is of the utmost importance.
    Mafia 009 -- Dean Rodell Collaborations Coming Soon

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast