Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Deceptacon

wow!

fair play ritchie! i wa expecting some weird atmospheric noodling.

BOA Lifetime Member

pretty sweet!

The Demon Beast

Yeah it was.
    How many of the naysayers talking smack about this before ever had a ferrari doing donuts while they played!
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

i've had a few problems going in to canada (vehicle searches by friendly mounties), but the us side was always a comlete joke...sometimes they wouldn't even look at us...or our drivers' licenses...
    I live in Vermont, USA and cross into Canada at least once a month to go to Montreal, which is only about 1 hour from our border, and IMO it's not any harder to cross to/from Canada then before 9/11. Maybe it's because they see in their system that I go up there regularly, but even then I figured that they would think I was smuggling drugs or illegal aliens!! Most of the time they don't even ask for an I.D. or drivers license, but it depends on the time of day you cross, who you get for an agent, etc. They really start asking a million questions and get the drug dogs out as soon as they find out I'm a DJ or they find a crate of records in the car. That's when I plan on being there for a while. Overall though, it's worth dealing with the border because Montreal's techno scene is bar none in North America and in Vermont, techno is like a dirty word.

So...Go Richie!! Not a fan, but seeing him doing his thing for the world to see can only be a good thing.
    ADRENALIN
    www.route66promotions.com
    www.myspace.com/djadrenalin
    BRING THE NOISE//www.Techno.fm
    Sun 12pm - 2pm (5pm - 7pm GMT)

Junior Freak

Watched the videos , thanks.....and Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
    So awesome :)
    The fact that I have an Itallian background makes this all the sweeter for me to watch.
    I knew he would do it up proper like...
    And the Ferrari at the end doing doughnuts was the icing on the cake!
    Viva Richie Hawtin!!! Viva Techno!!!
    Techno. Drum and Bass.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    it was amazing. i buzzed my titties off when i heard substance abuse. it would have been the same commentary for you guys in the uk but here in canada they were like 'the music is by canadian dj richie hawtin, techno dj, who splits his time between making techno in his studio and djing.' really **** cool. not only that, they interviewed him afterwards and he was bigging up detroit and the roots of the music. this is just amazing imho. especially the act to - all about futurism. loved it!
    Man, the US commentary was TERRIBLE. No mention whatsoever of Richie's involvement, and Bob Costas being a complete tool and stating the ABSOLUTELY OBVIOUS. "Now they are forming a big heart"

It's like...dude, I'm not listening on the radio, I can see its a big heart, STFU already.

I really hate living in a country where the media caters to the Lowest Common Denominator, which is sadly incredibly low. :(
    The Rev
    Ordained in the Ministry of Techno
    www.gothamgrooves.com
    www.myspace.com/therevufi

Ultimate Freak

anyway of downlaoding youtube videos?

Junior Freak

I agree with TheRev's statement 110%! I'm SO glad that I live so close to Canada. Most of the U.S. is redneck hypocrites that take what the mainstream media feeds them without actually thinking about what they are hearing/seeing. Sad, so sad. I love America the country, but unfortunately the majority of the people that live here fall into the above category.
    ADRENALIN
    www.route66promotions.com
    www.myspace.com/djadrenalin
    BRING THE NOISE//www.Techno.fm
    Sun 12pm - 2pm (5pm - 7pm GMT)

BOA Lifetime Member

Just watched the videos and am well impressed. I thought he'd go for an ambient, beatless piece, to play it a bit safer. He always did ambient work as well, so it would still be in his style, but maybe a bit more what the organisers wanted from him. Nope, banging acid techno! Yeah!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

haha
    Bet none of the haters thought he would be playing substance abuse...
    mint

Ultimate Freak

nice to hear a 303 during the opening ceremonies thats for sure :)

BOA Lifetime Member

crazy, I`ve eaten my hat
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyedgy
    lol

est la musica la PLASTEEKMIN dj ricky howtin!
    :lol: :lol:

Quality

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by teknorich
    (Quite entertaining that he played "Substance Abuse" at the Olympics, no? He he he...)

I didn't think much about it until someone pointed out the significance.

Athletes love to abuse their steroids! Choice song to play at the opening celebration!!!!!!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    yay cheesy click house at the olypics! its a great day for techno huh?
    Yeah its great! I'm just pissed that I just found out that I don't have a copy of Substance Abuse. I thought I did but after a dig through the crates I found out that what I have is actually "F.U."

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    bah, the guys work completely devoid of soul and feeling and you kids lap it up!
    *insert title of Hawtin record I have*

WHAT? Were you expecting to hear Andre Walter at the olympics? Anything by any decent techno artist at a massivly commercial event is a great thing. Its just as good as when Ford advertised their Ford Focus with "No UFOs".

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by MangaFish
    anyway of downlaoding youtube videos?
    Yea, I was wondering that as well.

Anyone able to help?

Supreme Freak

God, what a thread. I've been off work today puking my guts up for some reason, but in between I've been wasting time by doing things like reading this thread all the way through.

I read the first few comments when it was started, and after that decided to stay out of it because I knew I would get wound up by the inevitable haters. But **** me, deafmosaic really went for it!

Anyway, sorry buddy, but what a tool you are, and I think Hawtin has pissed all over your chips from a great height.

Fair play to Hawtin, that was absolutely wicked, I couldent have hoped for anything better in terms of his music, although the dancing stuff was pretty lame considering the tunes. Maybe he'll get a gig at the world cup now - that would be pretty funny.

And as for those tunes uploaded by deafmosaic on page 6, that I guess were intended to be superior to Hawtins productions or something - I'm gonna be as construtive as possible here - well, they all pretty much sounded the same, the production quality sounded shocking, but maybe that was just down to low quality mp3 or something, but yeah not a single one of them really seemed to do much if you ask me. And what the hell was the plan with the vocals? Is that supposed to sound good? Smurfs summed it up perfectly, or maybe Alvin & The Chipmunks strung out on smack in their later days.

Sorry to be so negative on here, but when someone acts like such a twat, calling everyone on the board kids and zombies and being so ridiculous as to act like he's doing a favour to us all by enlightening us with his bullshit, then I am always gonna have to say something. Especially if they are bigging themselves up like they are some sort of maestro, which is clearly not the case.

Well, thats what I wanted to say. That and lets start the petition for the 2012 games now, who should we have, Ben Sims maybe, or Surgeon would be good. And sorry again for the bitching...

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco Scaramanga
    God, what a thread. I've been off work today puking my guts up for some reason, but in between I've been wasting time by doing things like reading this thread all the way through.

I read the first few comments when it was started, and after that decided to stay out of it because I knew I would get wound up by the inevitable haters. But **** me, deafmosaic really went for it!

Anyway, sorry buddy, but what a tool you are, and I think Hawtin has pissed all over your chips from a great height.

Fair play to Hawtin, that was absolutely wicked, I couldent have hoped for anything better in terms of his music, although the dancing stuff was pretty lame considering the tunes. Maybe he'll get a gig at the world cup now - that would be pretty funny.

And as for those tunes uploaded by deafmosaic on page 6, that I guess were intended to be superior to Hawtins productions or something - I'm gonna be as construtive as possible here - well, they all pretty much sounded the same, the production quality sounded shocking, but maybe that was just down to low quality mp3 or something, but yeah not a single one of them really seemed to do much if you ask me. And what the hell was the plan with the vocals? Is that supposed to sound good? Smurfs summed it up perfectly, or maybe Alvin & The Chipmunks strung out on smack in their later days.

Sorry to be so negative on here, but when someone acts like such a twat, calling everyone on the board kids and zombies and being so ridiculous as to act like he's doing a favour to us all by enlightening us with his bullshit, then I am always gonna have to say something. Especially if they are bigging themselves up like they are some sort of maestro, which is clearly not the case.

Well, thats what I wanted to say. That and lets start the petition for the 2012 games now, who should we have, Ben Sims maybe, or Surgeon would be good. And sorry again for the bitching...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

;)

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    it was amazing. i buzzed my titties off when i heard substance abuse. it would have been the same commentary for you guys in the uk but here in canada they were like 'the music is by canadian dj richie hawtin, techno dj, who splits his time between making techno in his studio and djing.' really **** cool. not only that, they interviewed him afterwards and he was bigging up detroit and the roots of the music. this is just amazing imho. especially the act to - all about futurism. loved it!
    Man, the US commentary was TERRIBLE. No mention whatsoever of Richie's involvement, and Bob Costas being a complete tool and stating the ABSOLUTELY OBVIOUS. "Now they are forming a big heart"

It's like...dude, I'm not listening on the radio, I can see its a big heart, STFU already.

I really hate living in a country where the media caters to the Lowest Common Denominator, which is sadly incredibly low. :(
    watch CBC for any olympic coverage, dude...especially hockey!
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Ultimate Freak

you americans are going down in hockey this year!! down i say!!!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast