Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

just read that, im with Steve

we need something by us, for us

Beatport is great, and il be getting my stuff for sale on there off some labels very shortly

the other crap, yeah, wow, didnt see this one turning personal. some people need to evaluate their own sense of self worth

BOA Lifetime Member

bandwith and speed isnt an issue. even on a 2.2meg line i have no trouble accepting WAV's off friends or off the internet that friends have uploaded for me, and ive seen examples of people in japan with 50meg home connections, so i dont accept that bandwith is an issue there, of course some people dont have the access, but well we cant really account for people failing to bring themselves up to speed with the rest of us hehe

BOA Lifetime Member

Yea I also agree

Ultimate Freak

eyes, if you read what i said: UK and japan may have great connections, but the rest of the world? south america? south asia? africa? they have along way to go, it isnt an issue for ppl in usa japan canada etc, but that aint the whole world.

oldbugger: no dumbass i just talk down to ppl who talk like they know everything when they are about as involved in this industry as a george w bush is involved in the peace process.

see you accuse me of being arrogant but after talking down to me in the first place, thats called a HY-PO-CRITE, look it up analwart.

Ultimate Freak

eyes: "failing to bring themselves up to speed with the rest of us" ?????? what a joke, try breaking the telecommunications monopolies in corrupt countries so ppl have access to industry standard connections. how can you blame "people" ?????? dude you really need to travel in 2nd and 3rd world countries and then try saying crap like that. i been waiting for my DSL line here in my office for a month and a half, but the goddamned mexican tellecommunications indutry is so corrupt that i bet i will have to wait another month and a half.... is that my fault for not "keeping up"? dont be like that dude, your country is not the center of the universe.

BOA Lifetime Member

i dont think my country is the centre of the universe, nor would i want it too be

but something tells me the least of the worries in africa right now are wether or not they are getting upgraded to 10meg connections in order to be able to download my latest ep in WAV format.

so its a moot point. there are places in Africa that wont see the technology needed to download a game of Pong within the next 25 years, therefore its totally out of our hands and totally irrelevant. I do feel for those less better off than myself, or this country as a whole, but its out of my hands, and ive always retained a certain level of selfishness. So what, if i dont look after myself then no one else is going too

:)

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    eyes, if you read what i said: UK and japan may have great connections, but the rest of the world? south america? south asia? africa? they have along way to go, it isnt an issue for ppl in usa japan canada etc, but that aint the whole world.

oldbugger: no dumbass i just talk down to ppl who talk like they know everything when they are about as involved in this industry as a george w bush is involved in the peace process.

see you accuse me of being arrogant but after talking down to me in the first place, thats called a HY-PO-CRITE, look it up analwart.
    :lol:

in the first place? **** me!. i think you forget how much shit you spout in the past so you don't even realise if you spoke down to anyone in the first place or not

you head is so far up your own arse to even realise your talking down to ppeople in the first place.

anyway.. off topic.

BOA Lifetime Member

Here comes the amazing traveling Gunsack....

Ultimate Freak

hey thats dope where can i get one?

BOA Lifetime Member

what, that's not yours???!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

Deafie:

Developing countries will just end up using mobile phones to connect. Been forecast this way for years.
    The UK, US, Japan etc all got a headstart because of the cable networks installed for tv, the landlines etc. The infrastructure was always there, it just took a while to use it.

Mobile phone penetration in eastern europe, south america etc etc is incredible high amongst urbanites, youth etc basically anyone who can buy techno will more than likely have a mobile phone. Give it a couple of years and you can get the speeds we currently call high speed broadband through your phone.
    Phones link up to cheap laptops, everything is wifi or bluetooth, data gets share on a scale hitherto unseen.

Its all going to happen dude. Just a matter of time.

Whats more ridiculous is that people have known this for years....

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by oldbugger
    Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic

:lol:

in the first place? **** me!. i think you forget how much shit you spout in the past so you don't even realise if you spoke down to anyone in the first place or not

you head is so far up your own arse to even realise your talking down to ppeople in the first place.

anyway.. off topic.

dude i will explain one more time, you act like you know lots and talk like you are at the center of it all when you have F uck all to do with this biz, thats why we had problems in the first place. then you bait me and get pissed when you get bit!!!! pffffft

BOA Lifetime Member

Deafie:

Developing countries will just end up using mobile phones to connect. Been forecast this way for years.
    The UK, US, Japan etc all got a headstart because of the cable networks installed for tv, the landlines etc. The infrastructure was always there, it just took a while to use it.

Mobile phone penetration in eastern europe, south america etc etc is incredible high amongst urbanites, youth etc basically anyone who can buy techno will more than likely have a mobile phone. Give it a couple of years and you can get the speeds we currently call high speed broadband through your phone.
    Phones link up to cheap laptops, everything is wifi or bluetooth, data gets share on a scale hitherto unseen.

Its all going to happen dude. Just a matter of time.

Whats more ridiculous is that people have known this for years....

Ultimate Freak

jay, yea dawg but the idea is that you and i are geeks who know how and why the machines do what they do.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 8 + 2 = 10

Yeah but comparing Arctic Monkey cd sales its very marginal though innit, friend?
    It was Arctic Monkey VINYL sales, and granted they are a record breaking band I was astounded that any release could be selling anywhere close to that on vinyl in this country. I was just making the point that vinyl 's death is not impending like someone had said. I mean people have said vinyl is on the way out for years, but it's still here, people WANT it to stay. In our sector of music it is troubled sure, but I can't honestly see any death on the way... I really can't. I think anyone that believes this is fooling themselves. If vinyl dies then that means it dissappears entirely in EVERY form of music, and there's absoloutely no indication now that suggests that will happen.

Re: cutting out the middle men.. I do think this would be good news for the artist for sure, but artists all have this option as we speak, many are doing it already. And as a neutral for a moment (even though I work in a shop!) I do think having your record for sale in a record shop is still important in some ways, even if it isn't as profitable.

BOA Lifetime Member

you dont have to be a geek to work a net connection via a mobile phone

our dog has his own phone and he manages just fine, although his little paws rub on the button's he says

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    people WANT it to stay.
    Well, not all people obviously... but a lot ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Sunil i think what would of made it clearer is if the people's who say vinyl will be dead within a few years did a bit of research like yourself, because they'd come to the more clear and concise conclusion that Vinyl will become a medium that is not viable for the release of techno, thus rendering it void as a medium within the TECHNO scene. As a feverent buyer of music as a whole on vinyl, i totally see where your example was leading mate, and i personally am seeing more releases by bands and more mainstream artists appearing as vinyl releases, with the 7" single format quite popular at the moment

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

can we lay off the personal insults please, its turning a great discussion into a playground name calling joke.

but to say people who dont release records or own a record label haven't got anything to do with the scene is a bit off imo.

if you love/ buy the music, then you're involved in the scene
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeafMosaic
    oldbugger: no dumbass i just talk down to ppl who talk like they know everything when they are about as involved in
    this industry as a george w bush is involved in the peace process.
    Quick question. When did you come to consider your potential audience as not involved in the industry? They're just as much the industry as you are since, without them, you've got no choice but to share your music for free. See, those who don't run labels or produce are a big part of the industry, if not the biggest, and they have spoken loudly when it comes to digital music. The fact is, the market wants digital music moreso than vinyl. Now, whenever this issue comes up, I don't understand why people feel a need to act like it can only be one or the other. You can sell both MP3s and vinyl if you want. And, let's face it, even in your 2nd/3rd world "no broadband access" argument, techno records aren't exactly getting shipped in their easilly either. It becomes a luxury item or a gift by touring kids. Seriously, anyone fighting digital at this point is already left behind. And that's why you're seeing some of the tantrums. You're witnessing no shortage of artists who are feeling like someone just
    walked over their grave. One of the things that got me into techno was the complete lack of rockstar bullshit. That seemed to change down the line somewhere. But, just as techno stuck up it's middlefinger at a lot of the rockstar bullshit in the past, you can expect a rude awakening if you think that element is going to come around and burn you at some point if you start acting the same. Who gives a **** about producers with attitudes when most people can download a ridiculously simplified version of Acid and be 100% happy with the output? Doesn't matter if people think it's crap either. It's just a way for such people to paint themselves into a corner of obscurity while the rest of the world does what it wants to do.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast