I'm surprised no one on this board has mentioned this yet since this is big news....too bad I wont be going this year - but I swear, if I wasnt moving to Spain the week after, I'd TOTALLY be going to this

April 14, 2006 Contact: Shannon McCarthy shannon@demf.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Chrysler Jeep Superstores and Motor City Dodge Dealers Back Detroit’s Electronic Music Festival; Paxahau Promotions debuts artist lineup and confirms Hart Plaza as Festival’s home.

DETROIT- Just three weeks following their selection by the City of Detroit to produce Detroit’s Electronic Music Festival in 2006, Paxahau Promotions Group today announced Chrysler Jeep Superstores and Motor City Dodge Dealers as the event’s title sponsors, revealed a lineup of artists and confirmed that Hart Plaza will remain home to the international event slated for May 27-29.

“Our entire team has been working tirelessly to create a festival that truly represents and celebrates electronic music, and at the same time is a financially sound and viable event,” said Jason Huvaere, Paxahau’s Managing Director.

“We are thrilled to have Chrysler Jeep Superstores and Motor City Dodge Dealers on board as our title sponsors,” said Huvaere. “They understand that the festival is part of the cultural fabric of Detroit, and they see its significance internationally and within the electronic music community. We look forward to a longstanding relationship with these organizations.”

City of Detroit Chief Administrative Officer Lucius Vassar commended Chrysler Jeep Superstores and Motor City Dodge Dealers for their support of the event, saying “It’s good to see these two business associations that are a part of Detroit’s automotive heritage partnering with an event that has emerged from our city’s rich music and cultural heritage.”

“I commend Chrysler Jeep Superstores and Motor City Dodge Dealers for recognizing the value an event like Detroit’s Electronic Music Festival adds to the cultural and tourism development of a city. With these types of partnerships in place, I expect the event to flourish and continue to draw people from all over the world here to Detroit,” said Vassar.

After carefully examining several festival venue options, Paxahau today announced the 2006 event will remain in Downtown Detroit’s Hart Plaza. “We considered several venue options in order to really determine the best location for the event, for fans, and for the City of Detroit,” said Huvaere. “When it comes to infrastructure and ambience, it’s tough to beat Hart Plaza.”

Fans won’t be disappointed by the 2006 Festival’s artist lineup, which features legendary ambient producers Orb, Detroit/Windsor/Berlin techno legend Richie Hawtin, Chicago House Music DJ and Producer Derrick Carter, and past festival directors Kevin Saunderson, Carl Craig and Derrick May.

Visiting Performers also include:

Photek, leading Jungle DJ from the United Kingdom
Pascal F.E.O.S., pioneering techno DJ from Germany
Derrick Carter, Chicago house music DJ/producer
Rob Acid, German acid techno producer
Ark, minimal techno DJ and first-time visitor to Detroit
Josh Wink, globally recognized techno DJ/producer
Orb, legendary ambient producers
Greenskeeper, rapidly emerging house music band
Tortured Soul, rapidly emerging house music band
Alex Under, German minimal techno artist
Mark Broom, British techno DJ/producer
Pantytec, vastly popular German techno act
Planet of the Drums, America’s most popular Jungle DJ/MC ensemble
Krikor, German minimal techno artist
Superpitcher, leading talent from Cologne’s Kompakt label
Richie Hawtin, Detroit/Windsor/Berlin techno legend
Collabs: Speedy J/Chris Leibing, European hard techno duo
Dandy Jack, Perlon Records (Berlin) popular live act
Doc Martin, West Coast house music legend
Roy Davis Jr., globally known Chicago acid house pioneer
Markus Guenter, German ambient artist
Klimek, Kompakt Records down-tempo live act
Jay Haze, minimal techno artist
Socks and Sandals, making their Detroit debut
Adam Marshall, international techno DJ/Producer making his Detroit debut
Daniel Bell, Detroit minimal techno legend
Jeremy Caufield, German techno DJ/producer
Donald Glaude, West Coast DJ/producer
Function and Regis, New York hard techno duo
Neil Landstrumm, Veteran Techno producer from Scotland

More Headliners are soon to be confirmed including many Detroit artists. In Addition, the festival will feature showcases from:

Kompakt
Ghostly International
Most Wanted Agency
J-Dilla Tribute
Souldega / Kolour / 3 Degrees Global
Minus
Nefarious
Women on Wax
Detroit Clubscene/Bleu Nightclub
Picture This Detroit
Detroit Underground
Dark Course Productions
Blazaebla

Since 1998 Paxahau has produced Electronic events in Detroit. In that time they have grown to include a record label, booking agency, web-archive and event production company which hosts an average of 20 events a year in the city.

With a network of alliances and resources that span the globe, the Paxahau team has emerged as a premier promotions group within the electronic music industry. They plan on growing the festival into a cultural attraction that celebrates not only the sonic art forms associated with Electronic Music, but also the visual arts culture that has evolved from its influences as well.