Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    M.O.D.

Default Beckham to US league

aka international football's glitziest ghetto.

seriously though, i hope this will help our league grow in popularity, though i can't see this as good for his football career. maybe he just wants to focus on marketing himself as a brand?
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Supreme Freak

I bet the missus wants a job in the states
    maybe she can appear talented over there

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    maybe he just wants to focus on marketing himself as a brand?
    that's it mate, he's all about the glitz & glammer and wants to be big in the states. god help you if his missus tries to revive her singing career over there lol.

Supreme Freak

£128 million over 5 years
    "I dont want people to think im going for one last pay day"

BOA Lifetime Member

he seems to think people are as dumb as he is.

M.O.D.

ha yeah that's it then. the MLS had to restructure it's pay system to allow for beckham to come here. i guess they think it will put them over the top. problem is, he came to a club that's ALREADY popular. LA is the only city to have 2 football clubs, and both are successful. it would have been better for US soccer to send him to new york or something.

but yeah, guess he wants to live the hollywood life. i live 10 min from hollywood...it's actually pretty low key. maybe i'll run into him. i'll tell him he's vastly overrated, aside from in set pieces
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Ultimate Freak

They will probably make that money back twice over in the first year with Merchandise sales.

Fair play to him though £128,000,000 over 5 years....

We can safely say though now that it is defo the end of his England career playing in the USA,

Sports Moderator

It's very sad these days when it all comes down to money, it should be about wearing the jersey! He makes me laugh on the news saying i hope people dont think it's about the money, i mean doh!
    Plus his Mrs is a half wit an all she cant sing worth a monkey iv'e never liked her the stupid cow!! :grr:
    insomnia - A dyssomnia characterized by persistent difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or by persistently nonrestorative sleep.

Ultimate Freak

But he did always say that he never wanted to play for any other clubs than Man Utd and Real Madrid so it does seem like a good challenge for him to go there, hey i would love to live in LA. He is still young and has a great opportuntity.

Sports Moderator

True mate cant argue with that att all, i just feel he has plenty to offer in England still and think at the end of the day he would play for someone else than Man u, just hope the money side of things hasn't taken over as it's greedy..
    insomnia - A dyssomnia characterized by persistent difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or by persistently nonrestorative sleep.

M.O.D.

LA is nice indeed. but i figured he would play a couple more years in england before ending up here...i guess the money was too good to pass up

M.O.D.

i think the point for US soccer is that right now soccer is the #1 most played sport in america but it's like the #8 most watched sport after

american football
    baseball
    basketball
    golf
    racing
    hockey
    tennis

only reason for that is that the league is so mediocre. guess they think luring beckham and (hopefully) a few other stars could change that.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by french_og View Post
    But he did always say that he never wanted to play for any other clubs than Man Utd and Real Madrid so it does seem like a good challenge for him to go there, hey i would love to live in LA. He is still young and has a great opportuntity.
    haha, but he's still playing for another club

it's the money, plain and simple.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

fair doo's to him tho,would you turn down 125mill for playing football?? would you bollox!! :)

Chill Out Moderator

Beckham is a twat :cheese:

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie View Post
    fair doo's to him tho,would you turn down 125mill for playing football?? would you bollox!! :)

i would if it was going to hinder my career, i'd rather get paid less and be playing in the leagues i want.

but, maybe he realises his times up now
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man View Post
    i would if it was going to hinder my career, i'd rather get paid less and be playing in the leagues i want.

but, maybe he realises his times up now
    i think his choice came down to:

a) play two years at tottenham, then maybe ca$h in on US market if still marketable

b) go for the ca$h now

BOA Lifetime Member

So the choice was obvious then! It was obvious he'd be heading off to America soon, he was always talking about ending his career there. He wants to raise his profile in a new and lucrative market, ready for when he retires from football. America likes winners, so he joins a successful team and then he'll live off adverts and try and work out what else he can do with his high profile...

Plus there's his wife too, who's also trying to reinvent herself as something marketable again... I suppose going to america now gives him more time to raise his profile there...

BOA Lifetime Member

They'll both be like Paris Hilton when he retires, no doubt do an Osbournes styledocumentary and do any old rubbish to stay famous and keep the money coming in. I imagine there'll be aftershave, maybe turn to singing! Autobiography, maybe a grill or some such, tv work...

Ultimate Freak

Give him a break ffs....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast