Was gonna post this in the discussion forum, then thought, I want viewpoints from the production/musical angle, so would be better here.

I've spent a lot of time this weekend downloading, collecting and listening to minimal sets from the likes of Hawtin, Villalobos, Audio Injection, Alex Smoke, and some of the less well known dj's from the Filez section. I know this ain't a comprehensive list of what's goin on, but after listening to this stuff and watching crowd reactions on youtube, it seems to be completely different vibe-wise than anything I've heard/seen before (except Howie B's downtempo "Skelf" project). I've been aware of the whole thing for a while but never really looked into it, so thought it'd be interesting to get some view points offa (hopefully) a cross-section of techno society :)

So I was wondering if any of you guys could describe "minimal" to me in terms of production qualities, muscial qualities (energy etc), and how you would see this sound developing in years to come?