Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Dub step.

Threaded View

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RDR View Post
    You really do have achip on your shoulder about this whole vinyl vs digital thing dont you man.

Why?

And you take it very personal when I talk about my preference for vinyl over digital formats. Why? Because I grew up listening to it, touching it and I love the sound of it & the bass is fatter and the highs are not as harsh. Sure its more expensive. But I love music & have not problems shelling out to have it in my hand. Vinyl definately moves me more emotionally. I cant describe it, but it has also go to do with the social aspect of it. If I am an abelton DJ how easy it for my mates to call around and have a mess with my setup? Also I stare at a computer screen all day at work. I dont like doing that for another 8 hours when I get home. etc etc

Would I be talking out my ass if i said that most producers on this site would reather have their music pressed to wax? But on the flip side how many of them buy wax? Nothing has changed for me. I'm still buying records. The digital age has given me the power to hear a hell of a lot of stuff I would never have heard before & listen to a track several times over before making that crucial decision to spend 10 euros. The days of walking into a record shop on payday and handing over a hundred quid to buy the ten latest bangers are over. Now I can have anything I ever wanted on vinyl. And Its thanks to the digital age that has enabled this.

I still ENJOY the music from digtal labels. I dont dismiss the music because of the format its on but I do have a preference.
    Last edited by massplanck; 12-03-2008 at 11:25 AM.