Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BOA Lifetime Member

my day is now complete for i have seen Mark Ankh's rather biased March top ten techno tracks

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    my day is now complete for i have seen Mark Ankh's rather biased March top ten techno tracks

I hate this bullshit. Definetly not going to listen to his tracks now.

BOA Lifetime Member

bingo

no modesty left in techno these days

Deceptacon

ah give the lad a break..

you gotta do whatever it takes to sell records/downloads these days.

look at APaul - that guys whores his naked lunch label.. no one complains (although it is quite sublime!!!)

BOA Lifetime Member

haha i'd rather just not sell records. And it's only banter, he's probably a lovely chap, just a bit too fond of his own releases maybe.

i dont even know what Naked Lunch is, i know Apaul though

Deceptacon

you should check out naked lunch.. probably one of the most underrated labels around.

stuff by the advent, submerge 101, apaul himself.

just good solid techno

BOA Lifetime Member

i think i may have some incidently, i've got a few apaul records here that a mate sent over in a package last year, never even looked at them for some reason.

Junior Freak

I don't see any problem with it if he wants to push his own releases in his top 10 then why not I don't understand why people have to slate him for it fair play to him if he wants to promote them
    All u need is a good ear for music!

BOA Mod

haha i'd rather just not sell records. And it's only banter, he's probably a lovely chap, just a bit too fond of his own releases maybe.

i dont even know what Naked Lunch is, i know Apaul though
    Good lad is Apaul, he charted 2 of our releases in Feb bless him and i had the chance to speak to him on the phone, seemed like anice fella.

I do enjoy selling rekkids ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

chill out girls were just ribbing him, if you cant at least see the funny side to it then you need a sense of humour transplant

i do enjoy selling records myself Chris, luckily i dont need to chart ten of my own to do so hehe

Supreme Freak

Go on Mark Ankh!
    Love the tracks mate.

BOA Mod

chill out girls were just ribbing him, if you cant at least see the funny side to it then you need a sense of humour transplant

i do enjoy selling records myself Chris, luckily i dont need to chart ten of my own to do so hehe
    yes it is a bit self-incestuous isnt it. And hardly genuine... not very likely to make extra sales. But people do what they do eh!

BOA Newbie

wow what a response of this topic..
    did i ever ask anyone to listen, comment or buy my releases?
    belive me, i dont need any charts and forums to sell my records/mp3s, each release has 500 vinyl sales and 200-300 mp3s in around 5-6 months, so..beatport asked me to do charts..
    chart has 7 of my own trax & remixes, 1 from Reaky, 1 from Peppelino and 1 remix from Dave the Drummer and thats cos i play in my sets 90% of my own trax, its just a few artists that have style that i play, i know what im doing and where im going so..sorry that i didnt include one of your trax..

from now on, i will never again put any posts here so you can relax and be happy!

over & out,

mark

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by SoundEvolution View Post
    belive me, i dont need any charts and forums to sell my records/mp3s, each release has 500 vinyl sales and 200-300 mp3s in around 5-6 months, so..beatport asked me to do charts..
    chart has 7 of my own trax & remixes, 1 from Reaky, 1 from Peppelino and 1 remix from Dave the Drummer and thats cos i play in my sets 90% of my own trax, its just a few artists that have style that i play, i know what im doing and where im going so..sorry that i didnt include one of your trax..

from now on, i will never again put any posts here so you can relax and be happy!

over & out,

mark
    i wouldnt sweat it mark. most of us know exactly what it takes to sell records these days - promotion promotion promotion.

hell ive had my own charts on trackitdown with at least 5 of my trax in them.

just keep doin what you want. its not really important what anyone else thinks anyway.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SoundEvolution View Post

over & out,

mark
    Ah cmon, dont be so mardy mark, take it in the spirit mate. i know where your coming from i honestly do! but ya gotta admit that charting your own music isnt exactly earth shattering ;)

Last edited by RDR; 14-03-2008 at 02:23 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

I dunno. Charting five or seven of your own tracks\releases in a top ten is a bit disingenous. If makes a complete mockery of the concept of 'charts'. Do people really think their music is that great that is better than every other release out there at the moment? And If you are having no difficulty selling 500 vinyls & 300 tracks online then why not give someone else a break in your charts? Ever felt good when someone else charted your music? Dont feel the need to spread the love?

Nothing wrong with a couple of your own releases thrown in the middle sure. But it should be about the music not just shifting units. If the tunes are good enough they'll sell.

Just my 2cents.
    Last edited by massplanck; 14-03-2008 at 02:24 PM.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    i wouldnt sweat it mark. most of us know exactly what it takes to sell records these days - promotion promotion promotion.

hell ive had my own charts on trackitdown with at least 5 of my trax in them.

just keep doin what you want. its not really important what anyone else thinks anyway.
    aye...

BOA Mod

If the tunes are good enough they'll sell.
    I really wish that was the case bud, honestly i do.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RDR View Post
    I really wish that was the case bud, honestly i do.
    It is the case. Kind of. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast