Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Nasty Shitty Plugins... (PC HELP!)

OK, I know this is more helpdesk type stuff, so apologies, but more people come in here.

Just got my computer back, nice and happy and repaired after it's hardware tantrums. Have continued (mainly) with my clear out and good behaviour plan of not filling it with silly amounts of "naughty" software 'cos I can etc.

Have carried on using Acid cos I'm used to it, and now it's pretty full spec'd on the midi it's doing the job nicely and have a proper copy of acid 6.

Anyway, I installed the Blue-line plugin pack, which is a shareware direct x pack, in order to revive and re-do a couple of old tunes from ages ago I wrote using acid in the days before it took VSTs, which I used those on for years with no probs.

And its not happy - Acid is crashing, I've re-installed it and it seems a little happier, HAve been good and run tests after installing each new plug-in etc, so pretty sure they're the culprits

BUT... the FCKING plug ins don't have an un-install (I'm sure they used to, but anyway, maybe it's a different version etc.). They don't come up in add/remove programs etc.

How can I get rid. Obviously removing the folder, Acid still tries to load them. Do I need to go through and manually remove every registry entry that mentions them. Will that do the trick... Really don't want want to have to start all over again, not least 'cos my mate put in 2 days work for free honing the windows installation so it's running far far slicker than ever did before...

Help?
    Pure F*ckin' Noize Terror...

Deceptacon

go into options > vst effects > untick them from the list > apply

then delete the folder and next time you boot acid it shouldnt look for them

BOA Lifetime Member

No - that's the problem, they're direct x ones, not vst - Got shot of the VST versions easily!

BOA Mod

The boys from analogx rock in with the thing you need.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...udio/dxman.htm

love their plugins and attitude.

BOA Lifetime Member

Thankee!