Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default Reverb reverse in Cubase SX

Ok, so i used to use hardware EFX for those reverse sounding reverbs, but now the whole show has gone software which plug can we use. I havent found a single EFX plug in SX that gives me that sound.

Ive tried using a normal reverb then compressing it to try and achieve this effect but its noises. Anyone know a good EFX plg for SX that can do this:)) thanks in advance.

Ultimate Freak

there is a preset in advanced reverb unit from reason to achieve this effect.
    as far as vsts i really dunno. even i dunno. i must say that even i dunno. i must say that even i really dunno.
    mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

BOA Lifetime Member

Humm never looked into this really but I guess the long way is 2 add a track with the audio copy of what u need 2 b efxed reverse it and then add an efx slot with it reverb 100% wet...

but There must b some good reverb plug ins with reverse reverb presets!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

the big pork pie

...completely off topic, but has to be said, Thorin, your avatar is SICK! :lol:

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh
    ...completely off topic, but has to be said, Thorin, your avatar is SICK! :lol:
    me avatar could never be sick, it only knows how to digest and accept foreign objects not reject them... ill ask it later

Junior Freak

anyhows, i think what im refering to by reversed reverb is just reverb that gets louder rather than decay. Z your tip would work well but i use this a lot so it would become a nightmare..

If anyone has heard Mark O'laine (cold) on DJAX you will know what i mean by this efx sound. It sounds like reverb with a load of predelay.

THe reverb effect rises in amplitude then quickly drops much like it has been reveresed, there is no actual reversing of the sound...

surely their must be a plug that does this, there is a plug that does this, must there be a plug that does this, there must is a plug that, ,,,yes

BOA Lifetime Member

I think to get that effect you have to reverse your sample, add a reverb to it and then reverse the sound again, then it'll sound like the reverb comes before the sound, is that what you mean?

Junior Freak

hmm, not quite... the sound hits, then the reverb reverberates with increasing loudness after the sound...

|\ /\ +6dB
    __| \___/ "" \_______________ 0

^ ^
    sound reverb

hmhmhmhmhmmhhmmhmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

BOA Lifetime Member

depends if u r doing this for a short sound or constantly over the track...

Constantly .. I can think of nothing else that a reverb that has the preset of reverse verb... lots of old hardware had it.. so I at least some plug ins will.

for short sounds... just do a copy ... reverb efx 100% wet... reverse that .. add it in another audio track... U can even use automation to control volume etc.. This should do the trick nicelly!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Junior Freak

Z, i tried this:)) gettin some wicked EFX, not what i'd intended but its a wicked efx, nice1 ... as for the original question my mum told me to get the old EFX processor out the box so its bak in my rack:) nice 1 all..

BOA Lifetime Member

Yer mum's the wiser ;)

Z

BOA Lifetime Member

I f u have more than 1 I/O ... make a duplicate of the track u wany 2 process then send it 2 the external efx... use the efx in 100% wet... record the output 2 a new track... this should give ya even more flexibility!!! :)

Z

Junior Freak

Finally found a plug to do this - The WAVES Rverb. PRetty good here we can adjust the reverb decay curve to make it rise in a number ways... via damping, amplitude, etc..

thanks for the creative techniques suggested