Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Bass synths.

It is inevitable.

Default Bass synths.

I need one the pushes out a nice sub. mine just aren't cutting the mustard. can anyone recommend one please?
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Parsnip

Thor in Reason can do some pretty good sub.

Supreme Freak

Hydra from synapse audio is nice for this,can go down to the sub without breaking up.

http://www.synapse-audio.com/hydra.php
    http://soundcloud.com/xinthians
    http://soundcloud.com/Kurly
    I already know i spell like a 7 year old, there is no need to point it out.

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah hydra is sweet.

also sylenth 1 can produce fat solid bass. and now there is a new plugin by Rob Papen, called SubBoomBass. its names speaks for itself :)
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Ultimate Freak

try fattening up your bass Danny...psp warmer, bbe sonic maximiser, waves maxx bass. any of those will do the job.

when you make an eq cut on your bass, try over cutting...then replace those frequencys back with one of the above...then another small cut after to just tidy it up.

Junior Freak

wish i could help - have used the thor and IMO yea not bad sub basses - i use my trusty korg ms2000 for all that stuff though - i love the bass lines i get off it.

BOA Newbie

DSI Mopho, if like me hardware is yer deal.

That little yellow rectangle can put out some major earthquakage.

Keepin' it Unreal

Just use a pure sinewave for the really deep sub bass, and layer your other bass on top with a bit of eq.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    when you make an eq cut on your bass, try over cutting...then replace those frequencys back with one of the above...then another small cut after to just tidy it up.
    nooooooo you are opening up a massive can of problematic worms doing this.
    Be very very careful with bass expanders, especially stuff like sonic maximiser.
    If you are going to use them, don`t use them to "replace" frequencies, only enhance, and make sure they have a wet/dry.
    These things add harmonics that can be difficult, and also can do bad things to the stereo image as well as cause very strange shifts of energy in the low end causing all sorts o fmastering problems and possible muddyness.

Find a synth that already fills the low end adequately, then if need be use some bass enhancement.
    The best BAss enhancer/maximiser/harmoniser is NewB by Crysonic, it`s the only one that doesn`t totally screw with the stereo and the way it adds bass harmonics doesn`t produce odd energy changes.
    Next best is Elogoxa Baxxpander.
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers

BOA Lifetime Member

Synapse Audio Hydra Goes LOW.
    Real low.
    Unlike a lot of bass synths it never breaks apart and starts revealing the oscillator code, it`ll just keep going down until your speakers can`t translate it.
    It also has a very nifty dual and unison function and a fantastic bass saturation section that eliminates the need for bass expanders.
    It can sound very very warm, or cold and digital.
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers

It is inevitable.

Thats what I needed, Something that went LOW. I found that like you say Steve, the wave would start to break up once I got to a certain point so I was overlaying different waves and it just sounded too choppy. I have the Hydra and that puppy does go low. I'm having fun with it at the moment.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by The_Laughing_Man View Post
    nooooooo you are opening up a massive can of problematic worms doing this.
    Be very very careful with bass expanders, especially stuff like sonic maximiser.
    If you are going to use them, don`t use them to "replace" frequencies, only enhance, and make sure they have a wet/dry.
    These things add harmonics that can be difficult, and also can do bad things to the stereo image as well as cause very strange shifts of energy in the low end causing all sorts o fmastering problems and possible muddyness.

Find a synth that already fills the low end adequately, then if need be use some bass enhancement.
    The best BAss enhancer/maximiser/harmoniser is NewB by Crysonic, it`s the only one that doesn`t totally screw with the stereo and the way it adds bass harmonics doesn`t produce odd energy changes.
    Next best is Elogoxa Baxxpander.
    cheers for that pointer Steve, its not something i do to my bottom ends regularly tbh, but i have in the past.

BOA Lifetime Member

how low your bass sounds is also dependent on your mix.

If you want deep bass, you need to make sure there is plenty of space for it to be heard. Make sure your other noises (kicks, toms, synths etc) aren't invading the region.

Junior Freak

why not go for something like a juno 6 or 60. they're cheap on ebay and the sub is amazing. just sample it.