Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Soundproofing?

Junior Freak

Default Soundproofing?

I have an elderly couple on the adjacent wall who don't like acid techno!? (Not sure why). They get pissed off when Im mixing records which is perfectly understandable.
    I was wondering if it would be worth installing some sort of soundproofing so I can mix records without disturbing emmerdale.
    Im willing to spend a few hundred quid on this.
    I only have 2 KRK Rokit 5s and no sub on the floor so its not a particulary powerful setup.
    Firstly it is worth putting something on the walls, and maybe the floor as we also have ajoining basements? If so does anyone have any suggestions of what to use.

Any help would be appreciated as I have no knowledge on the subject.

Cheers.

Junior Freak

No expert at all, mate but I believe you can buy special shaped foam/sponge tiles to stick to interior walls for sound insulation.

Also try making sure any objects that can vibrate are more stable, keeping furniture away from walls (not touching the wall essentialy) and killing your neighbours :)

Junior Freak

parge coat(which is a sound coat application bought in bags) re plasterboard with sound block board and obviously plaster
    try and parge coat about 11-12 mm thick then use the sound block board try get 15mm and a re skim should nt cost no more than £400 -500