From an earlier post, someone mentioned Swedish techno never dying and Adam Beyer/Henrik B being amazing. Well I have to say that I like the Swedish sound and play it regularly, but sometime I feel Beyer and his other chums have found their formula and are sticking to it. I think Beyer's definitely another one who likes to follow trends (although that recent double pack he did with Henrik B was unbelievable). I hated that album he did recently on True Soul - made me fall asleep... I've heard much better down tempo stuff than that from serious experimental artists like Authechre/Aphex etc etc.

I reckon alot of people like 'Swedish techno' now because they think it's 'cool' to like that sound. It's all the same to me half the time and it's pushing no boundaries whatsoever.

When I buy a Beyer 12" I want it to be innovative every time. I want to feel it like I've never heard anything like it before (ie Decoded, Drumcode 01 etc etc). Recently it's all be sounding the same - I know precisely what's going to happen.

What do you lot think...
Edited by: markeg3000 at: 12/3/02 1137 pm