Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Hybrid View

The Demon Beast

And yes, back then I remember being at the record shop and ordering in advance Wilson, Humphries, Headroom, Angel Alanis, Drumcode, Punish, Theory, Oliver Ho records before I even heard them, because there was something special to be obtained. Yes with the whole digital age, more people had the ability to "make" music, and schranz came out and it was like Hard Techno's red-headed step son, but not everyone even now has that special something that separated you from everyone else.

Look at half of those schranz guys now making water torture soundtracks...
    Same for the black turtle neck square frame rockers...
    Same for the douchebag party boys aka the "big names" with their Justin Beiber haircuts, falling drunk over each other in Ibiza or Miami or where ever the juicehead minimal bops hang out.

Me personally I don't care for a f*ckin trend, or whatever the sheep think is hot right now. I like, live, love some hard techno, it's subjective.
    If Slayer started making emo-pop half of their fans would have a f*ckin fit, I think some people forgot about the bastardized fans out there now who can't give a **** less anymore about techno because their heroes have strayed.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by The Overfiend View Post
    And yes, back then I remember being at the record shop and ordering in advance Wilson, Humphries, Headroom, Angel Alanis, Drumcode, Punish, Theory, Oliver Ho records before I even heard them, because there was something special to be obtained. Yes with the whole digital age, more people had the ability to "make" music, and schranz came out and it was like Hard Techno's red-headed step son, but not everyone even now has that special something that separated you from everyone else.

Same for the douchebag party boys aka the "big names" with their Justin Beiber haircuts, falling drunk over each other in Ibiza or Miami or where ever the juicehead minimal bops hang out.

Me personally I don't care for a f*ckin trend, or whatever the sheep think is hot right now. I like, live, love some hard techno, it's subjective.
    If Slayer started making emo-pop half of their fans would have a f*ckin fit, I think some people forgot about the bastardized fans out there now who can't give a **** less anymore about techno because their heroes have strayed.
    well said man :)

aye its all about the cahunas now, minimalish shit is were the moneys at so aye if ye want to get booked then thts the road ye go down = PISH!!

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

this tune sums up techno to me

YouTube - DJ Shufflemaster - Mark Bernard Load Remixes (SUBVOICE 17)

remember goin mad to it in voodoo back in the day.
    lol the trance has gone

Junior Freak

I was beginning to think techno was going to disapear up its own arse a year or so ago. Everything sounded so arty, fancy dare I say minimal? Nothing will measure up to the sound of the late 90's to zero's imo but theres hell of a lot of good shit out there if you turn over a few rocks to get at it.
    Back then you had an afternoon in your local vinyl shop to pick out your tunes. Now your constantly assaulted on social networks etc with new material to listen to. Which is good, we never had it so good rather than mixtapes and mp3's to hear whats going on, whats new and fresh.
    There's alot more people making techno, alot of different opinions of what is techno. I read alot on here about the scene being saturated with it mostly being utter gash. Fair enough. Just gotta keep sifting through the shit to the gold!

BOA Lifetime Member
    Head Honcho with the Ladies

Ultimate Freak

Spot on Tony!!! you rock!