And yes, back then I remember being at the record shop and ordering in advance Wilson, Humphries, Headroom, Angel Alanis, Drumcode, Punish, Theory, Oliver Ho records before I even heard them, because there was something special to be obtained. Yes with the whole digital age, more people had the ability to "make" music, and schranz came out and it was like Hard Techno's red-headed step son, but not everyone even now has that special something that separated you from everyone else.

Look at half of those schranz guys now making water torture soundtracks...
Same for the black turtle neck square frame rockers...
Same for the douchebag party boys aka the "big names" with their Justin Beiber haircuts, falling drunk over each other in Ibiza or Miami or where ever the juicehead minimal bops hang out.

Me personally I don't care for a f*ckin trend, or whatever the sheep think is hot right now. I like, live, love some hard techno, it's subjective.
If Slayer started making emo-pop half of their fans would have a f*ckin fit, I think some people forgot about the bastardized fans out there now who can't give a **** less anymore about techno because their heroes have strayed.