Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

View Poll Results: Who wins it all?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Netherlands

4 44.44%
  • Spain

5 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    M.O.D.

Default Who wins the final?

get your pick in!
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

gone for the dutch.

although there was an fa official who resigned after saying that the world cup had been fixed for spain to win.

i just think the dutch will have more of a physical edge and a certain destiny to win.

but i'd be happy for either team to win.

think it will 1-1

and go to extra time and dutch will score.

i cant stop the eschaton

M.O.D.

i guess the referee is english this time, and well respected.

i also think holland is going to win, in part because i think holland just had its "hangover game" and will play 90 minutes this time. spain will be nervous and start slow before settling down. then spain will have several good chances and, perhaps for most of the match, look like the better team. but those lapses could be deadly. plus robben will tear up the wing, force corners and keep pressure on spain, and i feel like holland will also benefit from a bit of luck that helps them score a goal. that, and spain's difficulty scoring will finally catch up to them.

i think holland will score in the first half and then get another one towards the end when spain get desperate and stop defending.

2-0.
    Last edited by SlavikSvensk; 08-07-2010 at 08:18 PM.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

M.O.D.

plus holland has far and away the best pair of holding midfielders spain will have met in the tournament. i expect de jong and van bommel to put pressure on xabi and iniesta, clog up those passing lanes and force spain to take unrealistic shots.

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

hopefully spain, at least they are catholic.
    lol the trance has gone

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Lucius View Post
    hopefully spain, at least they are catholic.
    lolz

orange men of NI are connected to the Dutch dude.

funded by your friends.

i cant stop the eschaton

BOA Lifetime Member

Something Holland's coach Bert VAN MARWIJK said really struck me.

He said :"Spain are heavily influenced by Barcelona and Barcelona is heavily influenced by Johan Cruyff"
    That is very true the dutch are somewhat responsible for Spain's prosperity, Johan Cruyff that is, two similar styles clashing on Sunday.

I wish for a high scoring draw, 2-2 in the first half, 1-1 in the second half. After those 90 min. everyone's a winner.
    ubiquitousness is infinite in every reality

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    lolz

orange men of NI are connected to the Dutch dude.

funded by your friends.
    exactly mate why i dont want holland to win, they are billy's
    lol the trance has gone

M.O.D.

i could see either team winning, but i think spain will finally have to deal with a team putting more than one goal in the net, and i don't think they can score frequently or fast enough to deal with that.

M.O.D.

btw this is the first world cup final EVER where neither team is:

brazil
    (west) germany
    italy
    argentina

:clap: for diversity!

BOA Lifetime Member

This how fifa sees it.

BOA Newbie

Spain, although it would be great if Holland won.

M.O.D.

well, the octopus was right. congrats to spain, who were the better team.

i was a bit frustrated by the officiating though. thought de jong should have been red carded for that kung fu kick, but also thought half the yellow cards the ref gave out were bullsh*t.

i'm already having World Cup withdrawl :upset:

Ultimate Freak

spain thouroghly deserved to win that game...dirty bastards the dutch

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spacehopper View Post
    spain thouroghly deserved to win that game...dirty bastards the dutch
    Affirmative.

The ref did as well as he could, he forgave much more then he sanctioned.

Iker Casillas, save of the match, Iker gatto the cat Casillas won it for Spain with Iniesta with a volley winner.

dirty bastards the dutch, the de jong kung fu is a red card.

Ole.

M.O.D.

i thought the ref was absolutely awful. he missed what should have been a red card, de jong's horribly dangerous kung fu challenge, while half the yellows he gave out were frivolous. the van bronckhorst phantom tackle and robben yellow for arguing--about a play on which a genuine foul had been committed against him (puyol pulling him back from behind) were ridiculous, as was giving iniesta one for saluting a dead comrade after his goal. i was keeping track, and figured 4 dutch and 2 spanish yellows wouldn't have been called by the much better refs from the two semi-final matches. the rest were deserved, and the better team still won, but still...call everything and it does become a pussy sport.

an unfortunate spot on an otherwise fabulous tournament.
    Last edited by SlavikSvensk; 12-07-2010 at 01:15 AM.

M.O.D.

btw anyone else notice that someone voted spain after the final ended? lolz...

BOA Lifetime Member

holland played a filthy game of football.
    Very difficult game to ref, holland put the boot in freely, but spanish players made a habit of falling over a lot. Thought he did a fair job in a very difficult game, got yellow cards out early to try check players behaviour, but dutch team just played a nasty game. Ref will never see everything, and will never make all the right calls but probably got the balance right overall.

Spain were the better team and deserved to win it. Plus they had the octopus on their side. Can't **** with destiny...

It is inevitable.

Holland played dirty because Spain acted the whole way through. Spain didn't deserve to win, it should have gone to penalties by rights. Awful game. Glad that it's over tbh now I can stop watching this pussy sport.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

Futbol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast