Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Ultimate Freak

Default Balanced jack to jack cables

looking for good quality but not to expensive balanced 1/4 jack cables for the monitors

Needs to be about 5 metres, need to get rid of this hum that ive currently got with the unbalanced cables.

looking for good quality but at a good price

any help appreciated people :)

Deceptacon

i use "cable guys" for most stuff. decent price, open connectors for repairs and lifetime warranty plus my local store stocks the entire range.

BOA Lifetime Member

balanced/not balanced shouldnt cause hum and noise. i guess you are look for symetric cabels.
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by BloodStar View Post
    balanced/not balanced shouldnt cause hum and noise. i guess you are look for symetric cabels.
    longer unbalanced cable runs can definitly cause a hum/noise as they are not TSR.

arent symetric just double shielded anyway or is there something else going on inside them?

if cable runs are short i'd assume it to be a grounding issue. introduce a ground lift in series somewhere in the signal flow to the monitors and see if it helps.

also make sure your current cables aren't running across or under power cables. if they 100% have to go over power cables then cross them at a 90 degree angle.
    Last edited by rhythmtech; 15-11-2010 at 07:24 PM.