Quote Originally Posted by Numeric View Post
he's basically saying that arsenal are the only team that could come close to beating barca, despite the fact that they were soundly beaten by them in the quarter finals, he's sighting the first leg win as possible proof of this even though that anyone else who watched the game could see that barca were happy with the draw and were attempting to see out time, he's not mentioned how arsnenal didn't have a shot on target in the second leg

he's also not mentioning how arsenal finished fourth in the premier league and that they should probably be concentrating on beating the likes of stoke before getting ideas above well their station

he also says that united are in need a complete overhaul, where anyone with a balanced view can see that it is only the central midfield area that needs strengthening

he also wanks a little over barca as he hasn't been able to over his own team for a very ling time
We at least created a legitimate chance at the Nou Camp, and Real Madrid lost 5-0 there, then beat them on neutral ground. I have to admit, I didn't think even United fans could be so deluded about the gulf between the two teams.

Still, at least Fergie knows what's what, I should know better than to expect any sense out of you lot, but Fergie's talking about a complete overhaul of the youth set up in order to create a team in the future that can compete with what Barca are doing, so he at least has a clue about what's needed. I mean I didn't need to try to make United look bad, Barca did a good enough job on their own, I felt a bit sorry for United really.

I was just trying to inject a bit of realism to what it'd take for United to beat Barca, ie an overhaul of how they play the game.

And I hate to break this to you, but just because United won the league it doesn't mean they're the best team in every respect. Arsenal conceded the fewest goals from open play, had the best away record and were the only team to average over 60% possession, so obviously we were better equipped to deal with a team like Barca, but ill equipped to deal with a team like Stoke, hence why we lost 3-1 away to both of them.

In our head to head with United we lost 1-0 at OT, but won 1-0 at the Emirates, so were equal, it was at teams like Stoke where we lost the league, where you need physicality as well as technicality, which isn't the case against Barca.