Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

as i said maybe if i won the lottery ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe
    claude young didn't play. was just on the dancefloor banging it out to robert hood. Give me that guy over robert hood anyday. He has more class and more talent in his little finger than jeff mills has in his whole body. Paul get my man claude young on soon. I told him i would be into you untill you do and you know how much i can go on
    whoops! i mis-read the situation. i assumed that when you said claude was there, that he had acted as a replacement for mills.

Ultimate Freak

no although i wish he had. I would have gone home and got my tunes for him any day. Have got loads of stuff he plays so am sure he could of done it. Would of been an honour too having him play me choons ha ha You looked flushed anyway col to say the least in there when i saw you

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rca
    I was told by the guy on the door who runs the night I would get a full refund via TRIBE, so Iam holding him to his word, otherwise I will hunt him down. The night was a total shambles...CODE will return in 2005 WATCH THIS SPACE . . . . .
    yeah they have my details too. expecting a call, along with an apology pretty soon.

BOA Lifetime Member

Went to Code club a couple of times. It was in a really dodgy venue down by the brewery warfe. Good laugh tho. Saw the liberators spin there. They didn’t have a bar tho.

BOA Lifetime Member

oh dear, this sounds like a very unfortunate night and sounds like it was badly organised and some underhanded tactics went on

but i think a couple of people shud calm down a bit now, especially Tiptoe! no offence at all lad i know ur pissed off, but youve been on most boards today really slagging mills and calling him numerous offensive names that, in my humble opinion, are pretty uncalled for!

Ok Mills has an astrinomical fee, but his fee reflects the current situation in the techno scene. He is one of the top names in the scene and has been contributing and building his profile for the past 20 years, to say he has worked hard is an understatement. Dont publicly and personaly tear him to pieces for one nights mistake dude, as u said your trying to get ur name about and u might one day make it onto a bill with Mills.... or the same thing may happen to you one day and your records go walk about ( i know a few people think this is a lie but hey innocent until proven guilty as they say!), so i think you should try and curb your tongue a little over this one

i understand you had a bad night but rise above it dude, things like this have happened to me too but u just gotta get a refund and put it down to experience!!!

;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Btw for those who havnt been to superconductor @ stinky's peep house

Go

Its a wickid night, had a top night on NYE.

I am not a superconductor basher. The residents put on a wickid show

Ultimate Freak

BRING BACK CODE :clap:

Ultimate Freak

oh scotty i know what you mean mate but i don't think he or any big name dj requires a £6000 fee. Fair enough the guy has done a lot of good work but have been told by a fair few people i know that he seems to loose his records when on the same line up as robert hood? If the man had any respect for the people who paid good money to see him he would have accepted to play with other people's records and for a man of his stature i don't think that would of caused him too many problems. Fair enough it might not have been the jeff mills sound we all went for but he would have earned the respect of everyone for doing so rather than letting us down.
    He will always get my respect for his music and dj'ing but not for this man.

Ultimate Freak

and i have only kicked off on here and little detroit scott ;)

Junior Freak

It does sound very bad, i think people aught to wait and see what Superconductor say about the matter first.

As for the mills thing, he is one of the most respected djs in the techno world and I think to say he is up his own arse is a bit much, but maybe he should have at least tried to have played.

The whole situation sounds very very harsh, we were going to go but thought **** it, well glad we did now!!!

Ultimate Freak

i know i think i may have come across as a bit of a cunt with my ranting but am just well gutted and to be fair i must wait for superconductor to have a fair say. Its just some of the things i saw last night were very shit and sneaky. Making people on door pay £25 in and when they knew he wasn't playing. I found this had happened at 10:30 as soon as i got in there so obviously there was plenty of time to let the people queing he wasn't on and the potentially dangerous levels of people in. If this was down the the club and superconductor explain this i will be the first to hold my hands up and appologise for slating them for that. I have been to that club before and all week i said to people i spoke to i really don't know how they are going to fit 1000 people in there. I was expecting one of the best techno nights leeds has ever seen and was just an uncomfortatble sham. I only say he is up his own arse cos if i was him i would of used tunes people provided and made the best of it as to not let anyone down. Maybe he does not respect us to do that idon't know but just feel cheated.

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah Joe as ive said i understand all the points uve made dude and rightly so id be pissed too! but come on, calling Mill's an arrogant cunt is so extreme. Ive had the pleasure to meet Mill's a couple of times and i can honestly say he is far from everything you or anyone else for that matter has been calling him today, he is one of the most down to earth and humble people around dude! This guy absolutley positively LIVES techno, and im sure they would of had to have been extreme circumstances for him not too play.

Its like the Picotto thread the other day, too many people spouting off just because they've heard off so and so that so and so happens (in this case the allegation that he always "loses" his records when he seems to be playing alongside Robert Hood). Its all speculation thats uneeded and not positive at all, and yeah ul argue that last night was uneeded and not positive, but its over now and putting the Dj and club down wont do any good at all.

Superconductor have proved themselves in the past to be good people who can put on good nights, last night was something that happens to every club once in its history.

i aint having a go kid u know me, i wouldnt pick on old tiptoe i just think that maybe you should go about expressing your anger in other ways. I suggest emailed Superconductor or ringing them and asking for a full explanation, refund and then an apology. If they are as decent as i believe them to be then this will be on the way anyway im sure!

and you could email Jeff Mills too and ask him for his version of events!

Ultimate Freak

ha i know your not picking on me mate its just i have been kicking off about it most i know. Maybe i used the wrong termonology then arrogant cunt may not have been the right word to choose. Just feels what happens shows la lack of respect from mills and superconductor. Won't be moaning about it anymore anyway (thank god i hear you all shout) so don't worry scott :lol: If it had been a good night though i would have been on here singing its praises but it wroks both ways and am saddened i never got the chance but fcuk it it well all be forgotten by the next time i go out ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah for sure mate, i think this is what makes this board and techno fans in general is that at the time it matters most, people can see when they've been a bit OTT and make amends and look forward to whats to come.... hopefully Superconductor will be doing the same sometime very soon, im sure as soon as the weekends over they'l b online setting a few things straight and apologising to everyone!

lets rock!

Ultimate Freak

yeah i hope they do come on and explain cos its only fair. Am not going to be asking for my money back though because that will do their night a lot of damage doing that and although am pissed off i would never do that cos it could **** them right over if everyone did that and i wouldn't want to do anything that could jepordise their night. At least i got hood and he was amazing and the guy on before hood played a quality set.
    Not off to gods what a downer darkside next for me. When you getting your arse down to the darkside eh scott and where is my bloody cd :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Last nights events are a major disappointment to alot of people, including the SC boys. I know they went through ALOT to get Mills to play in Leeds again and for his tunes to go missing is very disappointing for everyone, including Mills who spent the night in his hotel room. As for Mills turning down the offer of playing other peoples records, I'd be very surprised if this is actually the case but at the end of the day it's purely hear say. When the dust has settled I feel confident in knowing that dan and the SC boys will more than make up for it. As a promotor of a techno night I really feel for these guys as, like me, they are certainly not in to ripping people off and making a quick buck.

I know alot of you guys are really peed off but before you start ripping into the SC night and what it stands for I think you should wait to see what statement they come out with.

Let's not forget that we are all,including superconductor, in this scene for one thing.

BOA Lifetime Member

Oh and one more thing.

How come Claude was at the club when he was playing down in London the same night :lol:

Ultimate Freak

told me he was on holiday and having a break of mixing for 2 months. He said is stopping just outside Leeds and is chillin for a bit. I was that ****ed i was going to try and blag him to come round mine for a mix ha ha Now that would be somethings to tell the grandkids :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    Ive had the pleasure to meet Mill's a couple of times and i can honestly say he is far from everything you or anyone else for that matter has been calling him today, he is one of the most down to earth and humble people around dude! This guy absolutley positively LIVES techno
    so down to earth and humble that he charges 6k for a gig?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast