Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Hybrid View

Junior Freak

Don't really hate artists for doing it, just now don't respect them because they didn't stick to their convictions for the sake of money.

Neil Landstrumm is a prime example of someone who had a pretty unique sound in Techno and then went off to jump on a new fad genre bandwagon.

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by qUE View Post
    Don't really hate artists for doing it, just now don't respect them because they didn't stick to their convictions for the sake of money.

Neil Landstrumm is a prime example of someone who had a pretty unique sound in Techno and then went off to jump on a new fad genre bandwagon.
    I hear you RE: Landstrumm, WTF about Jamie Lidell!!
    Some of his new soul stuff is pretty good however; i bought the multiply album for instance.

On a different genre, what about Dizzee Rascal. His commercial stuff is absolute shite, Boy in da Corner was wicked.
    God Run Tings

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by qUE View Post
    +1 about that...

In that context I have to say I'm disappointed seeing Jay Denham or Joey Beltram playing "modern minimal", also disappointed with the new sound of Cisco Ferreira, Umek, Kanzyani, Adam Beyer,... can't believe when I hear the sound of the recent Drumcode or Synewave...

Also I'm disappointed when I see some good mixers only looking to the laptop and drinking, combing the great bangs, talking with the young fangirls at the stage....
    I miss too much that people mixing vinyls with their own hands, taking risk, sweating and making something unique at the time.