Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Supreme Freak

Default psychoacoustic panning

here's a little trick i've picked up:

in nature, when a sound is coming at us from an angle, it comes directly into one ear, but must go around our head to get into the other ear, and in doing so it loses some of the high frequences.

so, if you eq the right and left channels differently for a panned sound, cutting highs from the side that you are panning away from, it will enhance the perception of the stereo field without being unnaturally loud on one side.

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: psychoacoustic panning

Quote Originally Posted by Evil G
    here's a little trick i've picked up:

in nature, when a sound is coming at us from an angle, it comes directly into one ear, but must go around our head to get into the other ear, and in doing so it loses some of the high frequences.

so, if you eq the right and left channels differently for a panned sound, cutting highs from the side that you are panning away from, it will enhance the perception of the stereo field without being unnaturally loud on one side.
    wicked

90's Trance head

nice little tip thanks :)
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

BOA Lifetime Member

I learn something usefull every day on here.
    thanks!!