Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
cheers for the link, but i can't get into it. not going to write off the whole genre though, mind you, just at this point the whole "dark garage" thing doesn't do it for me.

now...i say this to stimulate discussion, not to troll, so no one get offended, but is it possible that the current enthusiasm for dubstep has more to do with the staleness of techno and a thirst for something new and vital than the inherent amazingness of dubstep?

just a thought...no one kill me...i fully recognize i have only limited exposure to dubstep and acknowledge that i could be 100% off-base :)
Ok but when you say techno .. what comes to mind?

To me, artists that come to mind are : James Ruskin, Go Hiyama, Luka Baumann, Grovskopa, Dirty_Bass, Speedy J, Jeroen Liebregts, Reeko, Inigo Kennedy, Surgeon, CYP, rednox, Makaton, Regis, Female.... both for mixes and tracks... Now for these artists I wouldn't say that they exude staleness, quite on the on the contrary. I'm not always inclined to listen to these kind of sounds 24/7 like I used to, but they are my go to guys when I fell the urge to go nuts...