Quote Originally Posted by FuK-NuT View Post
sounds about right to me fella...

the little minimal collection i have was bought early 2000 for the soul purpose
of warming up my events, i actually enjoy these records more than the pap being
churned out now.

sad days, all events around here all blasting out the 124 - 130 bpm techno fad, no
structure to most nights ive been to of late, actually not a hint of knowledge or
experience imo. the only good thing coming out of it is more youngsters getting into
techno beats but i can garantee there knowlege of techno will hardly go past the last
couple of years. everyone playing of traktor (badly), i fear to mention a set of
technics to most without getting told to get with the times lol

SHITE STATE OF AFFAIRS...not enjoying it.
Yeah, I'd never diss minimal done by robert hood or dan bell and that era, and dare I say it early plastikman, panikattack is still one of my favourites of that genre.

And don't get me wrong about the move to digital tech. I think all in all it's a good thing, I'd be hypocritical if I said otherwise since I've been developing software way before ableton and traktor came along. It's just there needs to be some middle ground, mixing can still be done with decks and software, even if it's the holy grail of mixing down tracks realtime, a dial-board mixer would be more skill than just automating it with presets. Trouble is, the whole playing live whether it being turntables/mixer, synths/samplers or loop layering, it takes a huge amount of skill to do it realtime and years and years to master and develop your own style. People are inheritely lazy and will always take the easy route, use someone else's sounds/presets and style, rubbish anything that might whip away the illusion you've put in some effort, showboat and take the credit.