PDA

View Full Version : mark eg in ibiza

wenna
25-08-2008, 10:19 AM
17th sept. just saw your gig diary on facebook and came upon this info. will this be a house set?? can u record it and put it up on the forum mark?? please

MARK ANXIOUS
25-08-2008, 10:35 PM
i'm not sure. knowing ibiza they'll all chant 'mark eg sucks' and the manager will come up and ask what the hell i'm doing hahaha. it's not exactly the techno capital of the world is it heheh. if i manage to play a whole set of techno i'll record the set myself and post it up for ya man :) if not it'll be the old 'play three techno tracks and run' routine eh

MARK ANXIOUS
25-08-2008, 10:41 PM
ps glad you seen that facebook update. i've been working hard on that page and i'm gonna update it monthly with all my gigs - something i've never had the opportunity to do before. if anyone wants to know where i'm playing each month go here and become a ahhhemmmm 'fan' hahahahaha

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-EG/20325273458

koma
26-08-2008, 12:06 AM
you know, you could put it on myspace too :D

btw its time you go minimal, mark
i'm sure they'll love you on ibiza then haha

MITA
26-08-2008, 01:33 AM
click 'n' jump style

wenna
26-08-2008, 10:22 AM
that'd be wicked if u can do that set up for everyone :) ibiza is a little outa the way for us!!

Darkmode
26-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Stick to your guns mate & play Techno ;) I'm sure there will be people out who want to hear a full on Techno set instead of boring Minimal

djfilthmonger
26-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Stick to your guns mate & play Techno ;) I'm sure there will be people out who want to hear a full on Techno set instead of boring Minimal

I agree minimal is very boring and all the songs sound the same.

koma
26-08-2008, 12:05 PM
while on the other side, hard techno is so innovative and progressive nowadays... :D

DannyBlack
26-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Still beats the shit outta minimal and its endless builds that go... NOWHERE! :lol:
Trendy shite is all that is. Grow a set of bollocks, take of the pink shirt and f*cking have it!

koma
26-08-2008, 12:56 PM
minimal or hard, half of the records out there (or more) offer nothing new, so i'm off listening to some proper hardcore. now THAT beats the shit outta everything else :P :D

DannyBlack
26-08-2008, 01:15 PM
hahahaha true say mate! I'm listening to that Calvertron mix at the moment. Some decent tunes in there.

djfilthmonger
26-08-2008, 05:37 PM
while on the other side, hard techno is so innovative and progressive nowadays... :D

not sure about progressive .
but innovative definetly,
of course we will have differ opinons on the matter,

where im from waterford ireland , all the music they play is house and minimal and all the minimal djs started off playin house so they mix like its house.you could go from one room where house is playing and one room where minimal and to be honest soundslike its same song.

so yes in my opinion minimal is boring and it al sounds the same.
most people from ireland like to bouce there bootys to funky hse and minimal (in there pink t-shirts or stripey tops while i personally prefree to take my t-shirt off swing it around my head and shout ****in yes boi!

djfilthmonger
26-08-2008, 05:40 PM
minimal or hard, half of the records out there (or more) offer nothing new, so i'm off listening to some proper hardcore. now THAT beats the shit outta everything else :P :D

aright see ur point,

Im autcally gettin as much techno sets from 2000-2005 swedish techno mainly and umek and all that deadly tribely stuff i grew up on. there doesnt seem o be stuff like that any more.

i see a nice flow of hard techno comin out , from the likes ofr natus. kvitta, boris s and the likes

wenna
26-08-2008, 06:30 PM
well it's through goodgreef if i remember rightly.ibiza ain't my thing at all tbh, but a great opportunity i feel, to do something a little different. altho if u are hated in ibiza it could be the whole damned if u do, damned if u don't chestnut. acid house i reckon:)

koma
26-08-2008, 08:55 PM
aright see ur point,

Im autcally gettin as much techno sets from 2000-2005 swedish techno mainly and umek and all that deadly tribely stuff i grew up on. there doesnt seem o be stuff like that any more.

i see a nice flow of hard techno comin out , from the likes ofr natus. kvitta, boris s and the likes

on the other hand, i've been bored with all that tribal stuff from the past for quite some time. lot of folks over here is moaning about time when ipanema and remanipulated ruled the dancefloor, but for me, thank god that time is over, we had enough. there's literally hundreds of records from that period, so i really dont understand when some labels today are releasing that same stuff. music has to move on.

natus and the rest of the boys have been active for years, most of them i heard playing live too (boris s "live" - huge dissapointment, natus is good now and he was good back in 2003 when i first saw him), and when i check samples of new stuff, i often get that "every song is the same/i heard this already" feeling. but thats the same in every style i guess. maybe its just me, i always want more and more new music, lol

djfilthmonger
26-08-2008, 09:04 PM
on the other hand, i've been bored with all that tribal stuff from the past for quite some time. lot of folks over here is moaning about time when ipanema and remanipulated ruled the dancefloor, but for me, thank god that time is over, we had enough. there's literally hundreds of records from that period, so i really dont understand when some labels today are releasing that same stuff. music has to move on.

natus and the rest of the boys have been active for years, most of them i heard playing live too (boris s "live" - huge dissapointment, natus is good now and he was good back in 2003 when i first saw him), and when i check samples of new stuff, i often get that "every song is the same/i heard this already" feeling. but thats the same in every style i guess. maybe its just me, i always want more and more new music, lol

I know what you mean .
I bought many records over the years , different styles of techno mainly. i have gone from tribal to acid to schranz every possiblilty really , never minimal not my thing.
I get bored quiet easily of what techno style i want to be mixing or listening too.
So i just dig in to my record collection and find stuff I bought but basically skipped , but as my taste constanly changes i find some gems that i never listen to before properly.

Im really pleased with the hardcell and Grindvik records I have, Gain edition and other drumcode ones.
Swedish techno is great love it.
That live techinques cd is great aswell.

koma
26-08-2008, 09:29 PM
yup, thats cd is good!

278d7e64a374de26f==