PDA

View Full Version : Pacou Vs Youtube

teknorich
25-11-2010, 04:47 PM
One of the best user channels for Techno on Youtube - Vermin96 - has been closed due to complaints from artists whose music he had featured:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/index?ytsession=HQw4Hz4i7N_RL_x-_DbEnzNgx7NVCrWm112y49WvF4sfS-50oDlVAKAwSQ50MhIqa5z5ErC4cFGNS7cgwDL_EoxwnUzS-tHFx8zKOlz_BRPUURRXaGBOtUpVUInY8QVHQ7Xs25bC_V8_K5Q XGj3k3Fe3y8EjAW0RK_igtciMWazZxK9g6RWk9Yik5BmSlsnPP 4T2MawTxYasz2hrgq_6aSZRh9Phz4Ygc291IQ81dzs7533_k8r xhKsHdsmiPDiJfi2lZUrRpTi5NnsCMH6R4ql_w7ZI_6NNZKg4g 9I5UgK11RRmseI1sKn10CrvVyG_WNXbgtP7BJ8sa0SMlKRVxon jItrJVwSMzkri_DE8TW0Yyll9Gc-MkDxoIzmQDQoicvTsmV8q1SQRUXpDT_6jDsPVfejvB8Kuk-M0uVJJpCmEKfjGqsSJdxLXMI0yrfuGBG7KiTBOvOk2H41sAleg iWeaSqZvK8H6dRPpWdd8KYQyoPpizrrxi14rGgkN0fMJIi87L_ 0rGY014B3x0y5XmWIdRL7CtSWEvZB77zTJXVOBR6SIVBoZ1T2R tjTOPwqAw_bBDGR-zFw35u9tl3NctBG8p9fWC8vLntYMNb_bPqPYEwVeUvtdykiVsG 70uHSogNB2HHGlE7Stv9F265PABBcjV0ChlaMvy5vfshZnWNm8 dhP3eXcuzVqailR9n-bC2A1vGBJjFTf0X-i9b5UzVawbZTltZhX_3FivHZJmSPv5M4Ak7cwJ_U3uYPP6iOfO howo10YfJGqTuSPz2NDMkcdJqGFbd_7f1uqsqnE7FLVsSDjjjX 59xrNKgh3b6tUY7Gx3n1wN_OEw7BbXF9mwdWUkiHizcP2BYOK-KirKedWP6Ts8253_ur1IYgbdyPbF7xG5oqk4OWauW9PUSzkIYQ K7rZfhHzUMG4afrRzVKTYCK92jo93NvpFFBY_UVADKrnj4ieQv foke5M38sJCHVCxwK9jP4mgLwlECLMeOIUKLRt4Qzr34jNccmN ujr-KCIQXY41BpxbLfMm_fQuQXLVlr-xCAhARLVodL8ooLo4A)

Artists including Lars Lewandoski, aka Pacou.

What's your thoughts on this? Does anyone actually rip music from Youtube, in all it's 128kbps glory? Is that something for artists to fear?

Personally, I'd think it was good to have your music on youtube, cos it is streaming only and too low quality to be worth ripping, so it is basically just free publicity. Things like Soulseek, Filestube etc are FAR more dangerous to your earnings as an artist, as people can download high quality MP3's of tracks, which will lose you sales. As Youtube is streaming only, is this going too far?

gunjack
25-11-2010, 05:05 PM
pacou = lars ulrich of techno

morbid
25-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Any artist in 2010 who thinks their music is so holy that it cant be streamed at 128 on youtube because of copyright issues needs their head looking at

Give me the name of any artists release in the last 6 months and I'll point you to a free download link - theres nothing to be gained by stopping people streaming your music at low quality on youtube when as Rich says above the WAV or 320 is all over the net - Its promo, put it down to marketing.

Not being funny but the guy in question makes Techno, hardly the most desirable form of music these days or any days for that matter. I can kind of get my head around popular music artists hitting out against piracy because of the massive loss of revenue they can suffer but a spotty kid streaming shit quality techno to his mates on built in laptop speakers? - Man up FFS

Techno's target audience is among the most technologicaly savvy demographic in the population, if people dont want to pay for your music they will find a 320 or WAV with only the most minimal of poking around. I know I do.

Artists I respect or admire or just plain like their music or style - I pay for their shit

MITA
25-11-2010, 06:19 PM
aah it's just pacou.
if it was anyone else id be worried :)

DannyBlack
25-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Who is Pacou?

Loop
26-11-2010, 03:23 AM
no such thing as bad press eh. Two words - Frankie Bones.
ROFL.

qUE
26-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Maybe it's not necessarily about copyright, Pacou may not like his music in such a degraded format.

IMHO you can't stop the tide of people copying music so there's utterly no point in trying to stop it. I personally think the criminals are the one making vast sums of cash when they have utterly no talent at all (That's a dig at fat cats, not artists, before it gets thrown out of context :)

DannyBlack
26-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Maybe it's not necessarily about copyright, Pacou may not like his music in such a degraded format.

IMHO you can't stop the tide of people copying music so there's utterly no point in trying to stop it. I personally think the criminals are the one making vast sums of cash when they have utterly no talent at all (That's a dig at fat cats, not artists, before it gets thrown out of context :)

This. :ruwink:

Jay Pace
26-11-2010, 05:25 PM

He probably doesn't like how it sounds on shitty ipod speakers, or rubbish soundsystems, or horrible car stereos either, but it seems a dumb move to ban it.

Youtube is a great way to get to know new tracks, promote new tracks and cross promote other tracks. I can never understand why some people actively try and hobble other people's attempts to promote them.

DVNT
26-11-2010, 06:57 PM

I'd like to think this.

Darkmode
27-11-2010, 11:57 PM
I have found some of my releases on you tube & it didn't bother me at tall as far as I can see it's good promotion I don't worry about people ripping my tracks off you tube as the quality is at 128 which is really bad sound quality which will sound crap through a loud sound system in a club at the end of the day if people like the sound of the release they will buy it

The Overfiend
28-11-2010, 12:24 AM
I have found some of my releases on you tube & it didn't bother me at tall as far as I can see it's good promotion I don't worry about people ripping my tracks off you tube as the quality is at 128 which is really bad sound quality which will sound crap through a loud sound system in a club at the end of the day if people like the sound of the release they will buy it

Real Talk

kindelsesh
28-11-2010, 05:40 PM
It's almost as if Pacou doesn't want his tracks to get more publicity, youtube has been a great source of finding new (and old) music for me, for the last while so i find it very strange that he is complaining about his track being there and having the risk of people ripping it off at 128. As stated before aswell why bother ripping a 128 off youtube when there are so many websites that will have 320 versions off his tracks.

Go after them, not youtube.

gunjack
30-11-2010, 03:11 PM
pacou is a dork.

djshiva
01-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Youtube is a great way to get to know new tracks, promote new tracks and cross promote other tracks. I can never understand why some people actively try and hobble other people's attempts to promote them.

This.

Youtube is promotion. Anyone who freaks out about Youtube is definitely behind the times when it comes to understanding the myriad ways they can be ripped off in high quality fashion.

Dumb overreaction is dumb.

278d7e64a374de26f==