Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

View Poll Results: Who makes it?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Netherlands-Germany

7 87.50%
  • Netherlands-Spain

1 12.50%
  • Uruguay-Germany

0 0%
  • Uruguay-Spain

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    M.O.D.

Default Who makes the finals?

take your pick and explain why!
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

i think they are the strongest teams.

has a date with destiny written all over it.

question is who will win Germany or Holland?

i cant stop the eschaton

M.O.D.

i agree, and at present it doesn't look like anyone's going to beat germany when they are playing this well.

however, i have this weird feeling in the back of my head that germany may have peaked and will go into the next match overconfident. spain could sneak in there; the have the most skill of any team remaining. on the other hand, i can't in good conscience pick against the germans again. they absolutely annihilated a good argentinean side.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    i agree, and at present it doesn't look like anyone's going to beat germany when they are playing this well.

however, i have this weird feeling in the back of my head that germany may have peaked and will go into the next match overconfident. spain could sneak in there; the have the most skill of any team remaining. on the other hand, i can't in good conscience pick against the germans again. they absolutely annihilated a good argentinean side.

they made the Argies look weak, and somehow salvaged some credibility for England in the process.

did you know the current Dutch coach has never lost a game?

but who knows, maybe the Uruguayians have something to say?

Forlan is on fire.

i cant stop the eschaton

M.O.D.

forlan is, but i have trouble seeing them win without suarez. however, the dutch will be missing a few folks, possibly including van persie. but i think they have too many weapons for uruguay, and should win handily. 2-0 i think.

apparently van marwijk's first statement in 2008, when taking the job, was: "we're going to win the world cup." they haven't lost since. they can definitely beat anyone, but both spain and germany would be tough nuts to crack, as was brazil.

germany is just kicking ass and taking names at the moment, but i can't help but think they'll regress to the mean at some point. the spanish can slow the pace of play better than anyone, and have sergio ramos and iker casillas to bail them out at the back if things get hairy. like i said, i have this nagging feeling that spain could pull it off against germany. but i wouldn't put money on it after their respective quarterfinals performances.

BOA Lifetime Member

germany is just kicking ass and taking names at the moment, but i can't help but think they'll regress to the mean at some point. the spanish can slow the pace of play better than anyone, and have sergio ramos and iker casillas to bail them out at the back if things get hairy. like i said, i have this nagging feeling that spain could pull it off against germany. but i wouldn't put money on it after their respective quarterfinals performances.

talk about hedging your bets!!

those dago's haven't got the bottle.

i cant stop the eschaton

M.O.D.

basically my gut says spain and my head says germany. the oldest conflict!

so far the results are ambiguous in gut/head conflicts: my gut was right about the netherlands over brazil, and my head was wrong about argentina/germany. but my head was right on ghana/USA.

so i'm going with head over gut here (due to the exact reason you mention) and picking germany. but it's an uncomfortable pick, as my gut is screaming Espana.

BOA Lifetime Member

basically my gut says spain and my head says germany. the oldest conflict!

so far the results are ambiguous in gut/head conflicts: my gut was right about the netherlands over brazil, and my head was wrong about argentina/germany. but my head was right on ghana/USA.

so i'm going with head over gut here (due to the exact reason you mention) and picking germany. but it's an uncomfortable pick, as my gut is screaming Espana.
    lolz. i'd like Germany to win.

i think they have played some beautiful football and deserve to win.

do Spain look like they are going to peak and Gemrnay wane?

who knows anything can happen.

Muller misses the Germany game. So i think thats a big plus for Spain.

tell you what i'll go for for Spain.

David Villa to score and Torres to score. Spain 2 Germany 1

i cant stop the eschaton

M.O.D.

i wouldn't be shocked if spain won, or if germany crushed them either. i guess the only result that would surprise me would be spain drubbing germany like 3-0.

my head is saying german speed and power over spanish flair, but my gut keeps telling me germany won't be able to muster another performance like the last one, while spain will be better than they were against paraguay. but how--exactly--can anyone in their right mind go for a wobbly spanish side against an on-form german one?! ARG!

BOA Lifetime Member

i wouldn't be shocked if spain won, or if germany crushed them either. i guess the only result that would surprise me would be spain drubbing germany like 3-0.

my head is saying german speed and power over spanish flair, but my gut keeps telling me germany won't be able to muster another performance like the last one, while spain will be better than they were against paraguay. but how--exactly--can anyone in their right mind go for a wobbly spanish side against an on-form german one?! ARG!
    no muller - no win?

torres hits form and gets some fitness.

i cant stop the eschaton

It is inevitable.

Spain= shit. Uruguay=shit. Holand and Germany- good.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

germany will win it, i like dutch people but i wouldnt support holland with them being orange and king billy of cunt being from there.
    lol the trance has gone

BOA Lifetime Member

Germans all the way. Netherlands will win tonight id say. stronger teams
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

M.O.D.

f*ck it, i can't stand the nagging itch in the back of my head. i'm going for spain to pull it off against germany. do i feel like i'm potentially making a horrible decision backing spain? yes! but it just feels right. spain, unlike argentina or england, can play defense, and they've got he best attacking midfielder in the game in xabi. still wary of their ability to put it in the net, as well as their lack of "bottle," as dy pointed out. but hey...the octopus is on board, so that clinches it for me.

spain 2-1

goals by david villa and torres, with klose getting his 15th for germany.

BOA Lifetime Member

f*ck it, i can't stand the nagging itch in the back of my head. i'm going for spain to pull it off against germany. do i feel like i'm potentially making a horrible decision backing spain? yes! but it just feels right. spain, unlike argentina or england, can play defense, and they've got he best attacking midfielder in the game in xabi. still wary of their ability to put it in the net, as well as their lack of "bottle," as dy pointed out. but hey...the octopus is on board, so that clinches it for me.

spain 2-1

goals by david villa and torres, with klose getting his 15th for germany.

hey i said 2-1 spain earlier in the thread?

great minds think alike?

i cant stop the eschaton

M.O.D.

it just feels right, doesn't it?

germany feels like brazil to me right now...they're incredibly talented and are punking fools but mainly by piling it on when they already have the lead. what happens if they're down a goal, or it's 0-0 late and spain are hogging the ball? mueller is out, which isn't a deal breaker for germany but will hurt. some of the other guys are young and may not have figured out how to handle a dogfight yet.

it feels strange...almost hallucinatory...to pick a wobbly spanish side over an ass-kicking germany one, but it just feels right.

BOA Lifetime Member

it just feels right, doesn't it?
    folie a deux more like the logical score has to be about 4-1 to Germany given the previous results.

i cant stop the eschaton

M.O.D.

yes it should. but my instinct tells me it won't.

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

germans will rape the spanish and the dutch. will be wearing me germany jersey tonight watching the game.
    lol the trance has gone

It is inevitable.

Bye bye uruguay. Dirty bunch of ****s got their asses handed to them.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast